At Alexander Group, we support our primary consulting engagements with extensive research that continually enhances our consulting methodologies.
It becomes easier to accept risk and initiate change when you have credible benchmarks available. Research you can trust – with the type of data that leads to actionable insight.
We base our opinions on information. Some of this is derived from our general project data – the thousands of distinct data points on sales utilization and effectiveness that feed our benchmarking database and keep our knowledge current.
Additionally, each year we conduct multiple surveys that increase our collective knowledge on sales effectiveness and best practices. Survey topics range from general practice to industry and company specific issues and actions.
General Surveys: These surveys are conducted annually, and provide top line observations. Participation is free, and offers you easy access to contemporary quantitative information on sales related insights, predictions and trends.
Our one-of-a-kind surveys include:
- Sales Pulse Survey – The Sales Pulse Survey polls executives regarding trends and predictions for revenue growth in the coming year. 2016 findings will be published soon.
- Sales Compensation Trends Survey – Sales Compensation Trends Surveys gather topical information on select sales compensation program practices. Our 2017 results are now available.
- Sales Quotas Practices Survey – Sales Quotas Practices Surveys examine contemporary sales quota management practices.
- Sales Compensation Practices Survey – Sales Compensation Practices Surveys gather and report information on contemporary sales operations and strategy issues.
Industry Specific Surveys: We typically conduct 3–4 targeted, industry specific surveys per year. Results from these yield deeper insights into what drives sales effectiveness from an industry perspective. Participation is usually free, but there may be a cost for readouts that are tuned to your specific company situation.
- Cloud Sales Index – This study provides cloud sales leaders findings from small pure play (<$200M), large pure play ($200M to >$3B) and large hybrid companies.
- Modern Media Ad Sales Study – This study provides sales leaders data on how the media ad sales industry is strategically evolving, how trends impact sales capabilities, and what investments media companies are making in sales.
Company Specific Surveys: These custom surveys are sponsored by individual companies. The sponsoring company benefits from highly targeted data that focuses on specific issues, and other participants gain access to the aggregate data.