Align Sales, Marketing and Service to Power Revenue GrowthBy: Gary Tubridy Chief Sales Executive Events, Sales Leadership
At this year’s 2016 Chief Sales Executive Forum, the Alexander Group (AGI) will explore how today’s customers demand customized value and the steps companies take to meet or exceed these rising expectations. One emerging strategy is clear: companies are working hard to better align sales and marketing resources.
In a series of Summits with senior executives, AGI uncovered six areas of key interest to executives. Sales leaders seek to drive marketing, sales and service towards a systematic collaboration while recognizing the need to deliver both enhanced and nuanced capability to increasingly sophisticated customers.
- Segmentation: Sales and marketing are collaborating to enrich segmentation criteria by considering what drives buyer decision-making. Most buyers fall into three categories: Price, Product and Solution.
- Calibrated customer coverage: Marketing, sales and service leaders are calibrating how their respective functions support one another to cover customers and grow revenue within Price, Product and Solution.
- Calibrated sales motion: Sales organizations have to meet the needs of multiple types of buyers (sometimes within the same account) by delivering the right sales motion (Self-serve, Fulfill, Teach and Solve).
- Field marketing: Some companies are shifting marketing resources to the field, working side by side with sales to pursue a common goal: revenue growth.
- Service plus: Many organizations are integrating service into elements of customer coverage (configure, implement, maintain and learn), often side by side with sales—and sometimes marketing.
- Customer-centric leadership: Sales organizations typically gather insights from customer interactions, field input and customer surveys. Executive leaders need to ensure that what is important to a customer transmits down through an organization and eventually out to customers. It is a mind-set that says everything not connected with the customer is just overhead.
Download the full version.
For more insight into what companies are doing to deliver more value to increasingly demanding customers through improved marketing, sales and service alignment, join us at the 2016 Chief Sales Executive Forum. Executives from Cisco, Forbes Media, Andersen, Medtronic, Lenovo and many more will share what is working at their organizations…while testing your ideas and thinking.