Business Analyst, Analytics and Research Practice
Alexander Group: Decades of experience growing revenue for global companies
Alexander Group provides management consulting services to the world’s leading organizations. When clients need to grow revenue, they look to Alexander Group for data-driven insights, actionable recommendations, and most importantly, results.
Founded in 1985, we’ve served more than 3,000 companies around the world, across all industries. This experience gives us not only a highly sophisticated set of best practices to grow revenue — we also have a rich repository of industry data that informs all of our recommendations.
Our dedication to revenue growth and sales strategy has led to:
- More than 70% of our clients being Fortune 500 corporations
- Project work in more than 25 countries
- Extensive industry experience in B2B markets
We’re looking for a Business Analyst to join our rapidly-growing Analytics and Research Practice. The practice’s primary charter is to provide data-driven insights that enhance the firm’s go-to-market strategy and operations consulting services. This team assists with AGI consulting engagements and runs industry research, providing a wide variety of data and insights to project teams, study participants and clients alike.
You will work with clients and all levels of AGI consultants, collecting and analyzing core data that supports consulting engagements and thought leadership throughout the firm. As a rapidly-growing and evolving practice within AGI, you will have a unique opportunity to directly impact the firm’s analytics strategy and results. You will report to the Analytics and Research Practice Leader.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to clients and AGI consultants by way of a thorough understanding of AGI’s Sales Analytics data and its use
- Work directly with clients to gather and analyze key organizational and financial performance data
- Coordinate with multiple consulting teams across the firm to acquire, cleanse and analyze data
- Participate in the design, maintenance and improvement of data collection approaches, including template forms and online surveys
- Participate in the design, development and testing of the firm’s existing and new analytical reporting/business intelligence framework and tools
- Assist with the firm’s content development efforts by providing salient insights for podcasts, blogs and white papers
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, economics, finance, or accounting) and/or relevant quantitative work experience
- Significant experience with MS Excel. You will be manipulating data in MS Excel on a daily basis
- Experience working with clients/customers, prospects or other groups collecting and analyzing data
- 1 – 2 or more years’ work experience managing datasets, dashboards and producing relevant findings
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills with a high degree of motivation, positive attitude and willingness to learn from mentors and peers
- Ability to work across multiple project teams and interact fluidly with consultants and clients in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with uncertainty and to learn quickly
- Experience with VBA for Excel preferred
- Experience with MS SQL Server or other relational database tools a plus
- Experience with using and creating reports in BI tools such as Tableau and SAP Business Objects a plus
EEO Employer. Desired Work Eligibility: Eligible to work in the U.S. with no restrictions. Pre-employment background check required.
Learn more about careers at the Alexander Group.