Business Development Manager – Chicago
Alexander Group: Decades of experience growing revenue for global companies.
Alexander Group provides management consulting services to the world’s leading organizations. When clients need to grow revenue, they look to Alexander Group for data-driven insights, actionable recommendations, and most importantly, results.
Founded in 1985, we’ve served more than 3,000 companies around the world, across all industries. This experience gives us not only a highly sophisticated set of best practices to grow revenue — we also have a rich repository of industry data that informs all of our recommendations.
Our dedication to revenue growth and sales strategy has led to:
- More than 70% of our clients being Fortune 500 corporations
- Project work in more than 25 countries
- Extensive industry experience in B2B markets
The Business Development Manager leads the development of new client relationships and opportunities within target industries. The role blends four activities: Outreach, Relationship Development, Opportunity Pursuit and Program Management. The BDM actively reaches out and schedules prospect meetings by leveraging our intellectual property and leadership community (e.g., knowledge sharing events, roundtables and benchmarking surveys). The BDM works with our industry leaders to create openings, position the firm, nurture relationships and close opportunities.
Success requires creativity and diligence in building new relationships, understanding client needs, articulating AGI solutions, maintaining a robust relationship development pipeline and being hungry to help close opportunities. This position reports to the firm’s VP of Business Development.
Alexander Group Business Development Managers can expect:
- Winning team with sustained double-digit growth over the last 10 years
- Leadership of the Business Development process
- Training in key solutions for Tech/XaaS, Media, Manufacturing and Healthcare Industries
- Engagement with senior clients on issues that drive real change
- Rapid ramp-up in a learning culture, with regular coaching and a defined career path
- Collaborative environment, where your ideas matter
- Highly competitive pay based on team and individual performance
- Professional growth onto the industry leadership team
- Creatively engage Fortune 1,000 senior executives to generate interest in our services, studies, executive leadership events, and knowledge resources
- Build and maintain relationships across multiple functional areas within assigned industries, ie: developing a “networked leadership community”
- Proactively generate new leads and business through outreach and meetings, and sustained relationship development
- Identify opportunities by understanding buyer/influencer roles, their revenue growth challenges, and their “buying path”
- Collaborate with Industry leaders to create compelling customer conversations and relationship development
- Manage sales cycles of varying lengths to help the team close opportunities
- Coordinate multiple meetings with multiple AGI and client participants per account
- Recruit leaders for thought leadership events
- Update contact information in CRM
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4 – 8 years of inside sales, lead generation, and/or BD experience in a consultative, B2B environment,
- Proven track record of selling professional services and/or solution-based engagements
- High EQ, strong listening skills, and professional maturity
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish rapport with Fortune 1,000 senior executives and work collaboratively internally
- Motivated, self-starter able to multi-task and sustain focus on relationship development over many months
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position. EEO employer. Local Atlanta candidates will be given preference as there is no relocation allowance for this position. Pre-employment background check required. No phone calls please.
Learn more about careers at the Alexander Group.