Sales Analytics Business Analyst
Alexander Group: Decades of experience growing revenue for global companies.
Alexander Group provides management consulting services to the world’s leading organizations. When clients need to grow revenue, they look to Alexander Group for data-driven insights, actionable recommendations, and most importantly, results.
Founded in 1985, we’ve served more than 1,000 companies around the world, across all industries. This experience gives us not only a highly sophisticated set of best practices to grow revenue — we also have a rich repository of industry data that informs all of our recommendations.
Our dedication to revenue growth and sales strategy has led to:
- More than 70% of our clients being Fortune 500 corporations
- Project work in more than 25 countries
- Extensive industry experience in B2B markets
We’re looking for a Business Analyst to join our Sales Analytics and Benchmarking Practice. The Sales Analytics Practice’s primary charter is to provide data-driven insights that enhance the firm’s go-to-market strategy and operations consulting services. We work on multiple AGI consulting engagements and industry studies, providing a wide variety of data and insights to project teams, study participants and clients.
As a primary analyst on our small team, you will work with AGI practice leaders and consultants to identify, benchmark, and uncover insights around sales success metrics in the firm’s strategic growth areas. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of excellent communication skills, comfort working with complex datasets, and strong interest in being at the forefront of AGI’s analytical and though leadership work. As a rapidly growing and evolving practice within AGI, you will have a unique opportunity to directly impact the firm’s analytics strategy and results.
- Uncover and deliver salient data-driven insights as part of consulting projects, AGI-led market research studies and other initiatives
- Serve as a subject matter expert to AGI consultants and clients by way of a thorough understanding of AGI’s Sales Analytics data and its use
- Work with clients and research participants to gather data, conduct executive interviews and present findings
- Participate in the design, development and testing of the firm’s existing and new analytical reporting/business intelligence framework and tools
- Contribute to the firm’s content development efforts via podcasts, blogs and white papers
- Coordinate with multiple consulting teams across the firm to acquire, cleanse and analyze data
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of data entered into the AGI Sales Metrics Database
- Participate in the design, maintenance and improvement of data collection approaches, including template forms and online surveys
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, economics, finance, or accounting) and/or relevant quantitative work experience
- Significant experience with MS Excel. You will be manipulating data and building reports in MS Excel on a daily basis
- Experience working with clients/customers, prospects or other groups collecting, analyzing and presenting data driven insights
- 1 – 2 or more years’ work experience managing datasets, dashboards and findings
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills with high degree of motivation, positive attitude and willingness to learn from mentors and peers
- Ability to work across multiple project teams and interact fluidly with consultants and clients in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with uncertainty and to learn quickly
- Experience with VBA for Excel preferred
- Experience with MS SQL Server or other relational database tools a plus
- Experience with using and creating reports in BI tools such as Tableau and SAP Business Objects a plus
Alexander Group offers a competitive base salary with the ability to earn semi-annual bonuses based on performance. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without restrictions. EEO Employer. Candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Learn more about careers at the Alexander Group.