Experienced Market Trends Business Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA
Alexander Group: Decades of experience growing revenue for global companies.
Alexander Group provides management consulting services to the world’s leading organizations. When clients need to grow revenue, they look to Alexander Group for data-driven insights, actionable recommendations, and most importantly, results.
Founded in 1985, we’ve served more than 1,000 companies around the world, across all industries. Our dedication to revenue growth and sales strategy has led to:
- More than 70% of our clients being Fortune 500 corporations
- Project work in more than 25 countries
- Extensive industry experience in B2B markets
Alexander Group is looking for an experienced analyst to support our primary research and market practices initiatives. The Market Trends Analyst will be part of our rapidly growing Sales Analytics and Benchmarking practice. The Sales Analytics practice’s primary charter is to provide data-driven insights that enhance the firm’s revenue growth consulting services. As part of that charter, the practice uses data to uncover trends, best practices and insights that improve top-line growth for our clients.
As an analyst on our small team, you will work with AGI practice leaders and consultants to identify, benchmark, and uncover insights around sales success metrics in the firm’s strategic growth areas. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of excellent communication skills, comfort working with complex datasets, and a strong interest in being at the forefront of AGI’s thought leadership work. As a rapidly growing and evolving practice within AGI, you will have a unique opportunity to directly impact the firm’s analytics strategy and results.
- Uncover and deliver salient insights and findings as part of the firm’s research and market practices efforts
- Work with clients, prospective clients and research participants to gather data and present findings
- Support and manage survey design, data collection, executive interviews, analysis and data management for three industries
- Create and present related reports to clients and internal stakeholders
- Serve as a subject matter expert in supported industries (e.g., Digital Media, Cloud Software)
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of data entered into the sales metrics database
- Participate in the design and development of the firm’s analytical reporting frameworks and tools
- Support the maintenance and fine-tuning of the existing sales metrics database and associated data
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, economics, finance, or accounting) or relevant quantitative work experience
- Significant experience with MS Excel and PowerPoint. You will be manipulating data and building reports in MS Excel on a daily basis
- Experience with MS PowerBI or another Business Intelligence reporting tool (e.g., Tableau) is a plus, but not required
- 1 – 2+ years’ experience interacting with senior stakeholders to gather information and present findings
- Experience working with clients/customers, prospects or other groups collecting, analyzing and presenting data-driven insights
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data and formulate executive level insights
- Strong interpersonal and team-oriented working skills with a high degree of motivation, positive attitude and willingness to learn from mentors and peers
- Ability to work with uncertainty and to learn quickly
EEO Employer. Desired Work Eligibility: Eligible to work in the U.S. with no restrictions. Pre-employment background check required.
Learn more about careers at the Alexander Group.