LAN Administrator – Scottsdale Office
Alexander Group: Decades of experience growing revenue for global companies
Alexander Group provides management consulting services to the world’s leading organizations. When clients need to grow revenue, they look to Alexander Group for data-driven insights, actionable recommendations, and most importantly, results.
Founded in 1985, we’ve served more than 1,000 companies around the world, across all industries. This experience gives us not only a highly sophisticated set of best practices to grow revenue — we also have a rich repository of industry data that informs all of our recommendations.
Our dedication to revenue growth and sales strategy has led to:
- More than 70% of our clients being Fortune 500 corporations
- Project work in more than 25 countries
- Extensive industry experience in B2B markets
The LAN Administrator is an integral part of the internal functions for the Alexander Group. This position is responsible for maintaining the organization’s networks, in both local and remote offices. Duties include backing up, upgrading, patching and monitoring the networks, network servers and all other network devices. The LAN Administrator will be a point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. You will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Two years of experience in Desktop Support over the phone
- Five years of experience administrating Microsoft domains 2008 and 2012, HyperV
- Two years of experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010-2016, both administration and an understanding of mail flows
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment tools, USMT, Configuration Designer, Federation services
- Experience working with Networks, Subnetting, routing, BGP, EIGRP, VPN, SIP trunking, MPLS
- Two years of experience with Cisco (Routers, ASA, Call Manager, Unity, SIP, SCCP, ISE, VOIP, UCS Servers and switches). Cisco CNA preferred, but not mandatory
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Knowledge of scripting (VBS or PowerShell) a plus
- Desktop Support – able to work with Users over the phone and resolve issues
- Build/rebuild users laptops as needed, keeping laptop images up to date.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues, laptops and servers
- Managing backups for the firm, keeping all servers patched and up to date.
- Managing user accounts for network, Exchange, voicemail, and more
- Being proactive on desktop issues and network issues
- Project work:
- Rolling out new software or implementing new services.
- Writing detailed instructions that users can understand and follow
- Using a ticketing system for user issues and projects as they are done
- Work hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
Ideal Candidates will:
- Be extremely customer oriented
- Enjoy resolving problems
- Be able to manage and set priorities as they change day to day
- Be an “outside the box” thinker at times
EEO Employer. Desired Work Eligibility: Eligible to work in the U.S. with no restrictions. Pre-employment background check required.
Learn more about careers at the Alexander Group.