The CSE Forum Series contains three separate events, which can be attended individually, or as a package with our Corporate Pass.
Our 2016 theme explores what empowered customers now expect of their vendors and, more importantly, what top sales organizations are doing to not just meet, but exceed these expectations in the pursuit of extraordinary revenue growth.
Customer expectations have changed. The balance of power has shifted from the seller to the buyer. This matters greatly to both sales organizations and their leaders. The extent of this change and what to do about it must be articulated, quickly. This year’s Forum events will dig deeper into the two tectonic changes in the customer:
- Customers have much more information: Not only do customers have access to product details, but they can compare these with the alternatives. They can easily find out what other customers say about your products and company, and publicly rate their buying experience. This allowed buyers to make most of their buying decisions with little or no seller input.
- Decision-making is more complex: New decision-makers with divergent buying criteria have emerged. Procurement is a power center. Measured on the discount it can extract from sellers, procurement demands lower prices and better terms. Functional executives have also emerged. Measured on functional efficiency and effectiveness, these buyers need to know how products will help them solve known (and unknown) business problems. And why your approach is superior to the alternatives.
Sellers must satisfy both sides of this complex buying equation.
How do these changes affect customer expectations?
Sales leaders must understand that the contract between buyers and sellers is fundamentally altered. Today’s buyer expects more…lots more.
Across all three 2016 CSE Forums, we will examine what great sales organizations are doing as a result of this.
The best sales organizations build a “revenue generation engine” that seamlessly meshes the skills of sales, operations, marketing and service to deliver:
a) products that buyers want,
b) messages that resonate with them, and
c) value that leads to loyalty
How are they building such a capability?
Growth minded sales organizations …
- Team more closely with Field Marketing to:
– Better define segments based on customer need
– Exert more influence over marketing promotion and lead generation
– Craft value propositions that resonate with emerging customers
- Build more robust sales operations functions to improve targeting and enable precision selling
- Acquire and innovatively deploy deep, relevant business expertise
- Dialog with product marketing to better influence the product pipeline
- Engage with the C-Suite to integrate the customer point of view into strategic planning
Join us for any or all of the events in the 2016 CSE Forum Series to explore the elements of this new contract with the customer…and the new role that sales must play to live up to its terms and conditions.
Alexander Group’s Chief Sales Executive Forum events are the world’s #1 sales leadership events, and are exclusive for senior executives who are focused on revenue growth and sales excellence. Attendees gain access to expert thought leadership and unprecedented networking opportunities.