Advertisers Want Solutions, Not Just More Options
Recent media sales research identified five key areas that media revenue and sales leaders excel in to continue to win in an ever-changing and hyper-competitive sales environment. Insights were captured from 100+ executives across media segments including pure play digital, broadcast, print, radio, out-of-home, ad tech and more to find out what leading organizations are doing to thrive in today’s evolving landscape.
- Capturing the voice of the advertiser and agency (VO2A) through a structured process within marketing and sales functions is essential, but only 35% of media companies have a defined process that translates findings into actionable strategies
- Data-driven opportunity planning (placing winning product and customer bets) allows media firms to model and plan for what the future may hold vs. basing plans solely on historical trends. However, only 12% have implemented an advanced program
- Deploying revenue-accretive account management and specialist roles are now an integral part of the sales team. Media companies rate the effectiveness for AMs as high at 25% and 44% for Specialists
- As media companies return to growth, they have begun to reassess their sales compensation plans to support a pay-for-performance culture. But only 19% rate their sales comp strategy as highly effective
- Media companies that achieve double-digit revenue growth use Revenue Operations to not only provide data analysis, but to also prioritize and target accounts and uncover opportunities for greater productivity
These preliminary results are just a glimpse into the latest trends in the media industry. For a full, complimentary briefing on Alexander Group’s 2021 Media Sales Industry Trends research that includes comprehensive findings and benchmarking, please complete the form and a media sales practice lead will be in contact with you.