The Alexander Group, Inc. (AGI) is a growing Sales Management Consulting firm with five offices nationwide. We work with Global 2000 clients to substantially improve their sales results through customer segmentation, channel selection, organization design and sales performance management. Our engagements help clients drive meaningful growth through solutions and improvements in sales strategy and sales execution.
The Alexander Group distinguishes itself with both clients and potential employees in three primary ways—size, focus and culture. Our size and focus enable our consultants to be significant contributors and subject-matter experts. The firm’s culture, built on teamwork and meritocracy, empower our professionals to support each other in their career development.
The new Director will play a leadership role in implementing the firm’s sales management solutions while expanding a prominent client base. This position reports to the Principal or Vice President. S/he will be responsible for developing new client relationships, managing existing client relationships, reaching an individual sales objective, managing world-class consulting engagements, and managing, coaching and developing a team of consultants.
- Partner with Vice President/Region Manager on business development for new and existing accounts
- Quickly learn and apply the firm’s sales management models, frameworks and tools
- Sell and lead major consulting engagements to C-level executives, Sales, Sales Operations, and HR executives
- Reach or exceed an annual sales bookings goal of $1.2M
- Manage, coach and develop a team of three to four consultants
- Develop and mentor project team members assigned to projects under his/her supervision
- Successfully maintain high-level client relationships and exceed client expectations
- Produce world class deliverables and lead project teams to innovative and effective client solutions
- Contribute to the knowledge base of the firm
- Identify and develop value-added service opportunities
Key Selection Criteria:
- MBA or another advanced degree, preferably in marketing or business, from a top academic institution preferred
- Experience within a consulting firm and a solid track record of managing projects, developing high level relationships that have contributed to ongoing engagements, and working effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge of, and experience with, a variety of sales channels through channel management or consulting roles
- Significant management consulting experience as well as corporate experience in a customer-facing function such as Marketing Management, Sales & Sales Management, Customer Service, Organizational Sales Re-Engineering
- Proven track record of exceptional project management experience, coupled with extensive client management experience
- Successful relationships with corporate decision-makers such as division Presidents, Vice Presidents of Marketing and/or Sales
- Introduction and management of large-scale corporate change programs and/or delivery of critical strategic insights that deliver measurable results to clients with large Sales and Marketing organizations.
- Superb oral and written presentation skills
- A passion for high quality work, a love of consulting, and a desire to progress more rapidly in his/her career
Competitive base salary with the ability to earn semi-annual bonuses. Comprehensive benefits package.
We are currently accepting applications for this position in the following offices. To submit your resume please select the desired office below.
Local candidates will be given preference as there is no relocation allowance for this position. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. EEO Employer. No phone calls please.