Support Growth Goal Achievement
Get Your Revenue Growth Model Ready
Organizations must continue evolving to align with changing markets, dynamic customer needs, internal organization change, and organic and inorganic growth.
However, annual planning can be a taxing exercise on revenue, commercial and sales operations teams. Planning requires significant preparation and proper sequencing of key activities to ensure next year’s plan properly aligns with your company’s business strategy and associated financial goals.
Alexander Group guides organizations through the annual planning process to ensure they stay on target with their revenue growth goals.
Plan for Success
Annual planning sets the tone for the upcoming year and ensures that your go-to-market model aligns with business strategy and achievement targets. Alexander Group typically works with revenue leaders across four key categories of the annual planning process:
- Set the Strategy – Align the vision and commercial strategy for the upcoming year
- Define Gaps – Understand what the organization needs to improve or optimize to execute the strategy
- Design Solutions – Work with cross-functional teams to develop detailed solutions for the known areas of opportunity
- Implement and Communicate – Roll out messaging to the field, set quotas, post and hire for new job roles
A well-executed annual planning process includes a complete evaluation of each of the following revenue model components:
- Strategy that identifies revenue segments, value propositions and defined revenue motions
- Structure that includes channel coverage, organizational and job design, and sizing and deployment
- Management that encompasses the required talent, skills and supervision, productivity and quota metrics, and sales compensation design
Revenue leadership typically guides the planning process. However, including Revenue/Commercial/Sales Operations, Marketing, Services, Finance, IT and other cross-functional resources ensures an integrated plan with higher likelihood of buy-in and success.
Communication throughout the planning phase sets checkpoints and tests ideas during design. During the rollout, there must also be a communication cascade to ensure the executive level is on board, followed by onboarding by the next management layer.
Organizations should also identify the quantitative KPIs they will target and track throughout the year. By identifying metrics such as revenue growth or profitability targets, customer satisfaction scores or seller productivity, organizations can more efficiently monitor progress regularly and assess any need for adjustments.
Alexander Group can help guide your organization through a best-in-class annual planning exercise to ensure you have a clear roadmap for success in the upcoming year.
Need Support to Ensure You’re Ready?
Let the experts at Alexander Group help your organization.