The Future is Profitable Growth
New Solutions Require New Talent & Sales Support Resources
While industry sales may be on the rise, so is pricing, which leads to an impact on net growth. Industrial and electrical products and systems distributors are looking for ways to achieve differentiated growth, productivity and efficiency. Leaders are replacing the legacy “one-and-done” selling by focusing on creating value for customers.
With this comes the need for new talent and investments in robust revenue enablement and operations teams to effectively collaborate on strategic offerings. A focus on solution selling vs. a more traditional fulfillment sales motion gives way to the need for specialists and overlay roles for connected products and services.
Are you revamping your talent acquisition strategies to ensure you can meet new customer demands?
How We Help
- Integrate Marketing, Sales and Service under one leader: the chief revenue officer, who owns the entire customer continuum, has a pulse on customer needs and a solid vision for the future.
- Develop manufacturing partner program alignment to offer customers a complete solution – the resources, support and specialized knowledge to demonstrate your unique value.
- Segment customers based on their needs and requirements – build out e-commerce capabilities for ease of ordering while focusing in-person sales time on customers who necessitate more coverage.
- Move from product pusher to service-oriented experience provider with subject matter expertise on connected products and services and simplification of the purchasing process.
- Focus on marketing strategy by evaluating current and new markets, areas of opportunity and optimize marketing channels, mix and return.
- Develop sales compensation programs aligned with new product offerings and solutions.
Industrials: From Product-Centric to Digital-FirstSchneider Electric: their journey to transform from an electrical and industrial automation equipment manufacturer to a software-led organization.
Participate in Our ResearchOpen Opportunities
- Customer Experience Survey Customer Experience (CX) is the overall impression and perception that customers have based on their interactions with your brand, products and services. Are you delivering best-in-class customer experience throughout all touchpoints of the customer journey, including pre-purchase, purchase and post-purchase interactions?
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital investments are increasing dramatically. Innovative products are driving profitable growth but require significant changes in talent for new roles and more advanced skill sets. Adapting to new customer preferences and the 24/7 buyer journey is forcing the integration of marketing, sales and service. Is your firm keeping up with industry changes?
- Sales Compensation Trends Survey For industry leaders in HR, sales and sales compensation, participants will provide input on 2023 results and program goals and objectives for 2024. Focus areas include quotas, staffing and headcount along with sales comp plan changes around measures, weights, performance periods, MBOs, pay mix and leverage.
- Advanced Practices for Commercial Talent Management Manufacturers and distributors achieve revenue and margin outperformance with a lower proportion of above-market pay compared to other industries. Over 60% of leading firms meet monthly to discuss performance with their commercial teams. What are the best practices for developing a talent management strategy that brings a competitive advantage?
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Economic downturn. Unpredictable markets. These are just a few factors that are preventing manufacturing commercial leaders from determining and realizing revenue goals. How can organizations achieve differentiated growth, productivity and efficiency for profitable growth?
- Digital Go-to-Customer Study Discover the industry trends, insights and frameworks on the digital impact on revenue growth, as well as recommendations for increased sales performance and growth in a digital environment.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital is altering the way customers interact and purchase your offerings. Integrating sales, marketing and service to provide customer value will differentiate your firm, command a premium and deliver sustainable growth. Compare your business processes and performance metrics to your competition to see if you’re hitting the mark.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Productivity Drivers Rising inflation, supply chain constraints and uncertain demand are just a few economic factors that are impacting commercial models. What drivers are manufacturers and distributors investing in to prioritize customer segments, protect margin, and maintain and grow market share?
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Prioritizing Quality Over Quantity: An Analysis of Marketing Demand Generation Performance Leaders in manufacturing and distribution have increased demand generation investments by over 13%. Marketing now accounts for 33% of functional pipeline development. As marketers look to allocate resources between channels and initiatives to increase conversion rates while navigating costs and tracking ROI, how do you determine the best demand gen investment strategies?
- Redefine Excellence Through Customer Experience From executing a customer experience (CX) vision and strategy, deploying the right resources for customer engagement, setting specific CX goals and measurements, and defining the processes and growth plays that drive retention, the study provides insights and metrics for manufacturers and distributors on leading practices for a successful CX program.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
- Sales Compensation Hot Topics Survey Over 350 sales compensation leaders across seven industries provided insights on key sales comp topics including costs, quota planning and attainment, profitability, AI’s impact on comp, global comp practices, marketing comp practices and client/deliver services comp practices.
Upcoming Manufacturing and Distribution Events
Manufacturing & Distribution: Quality Over Quantity: Build a Thriving Marketing Demand Generation ProgramVirtual Roundtable
Where do your organization’s demand generation activities and investments perform alongside other leaders in your industry? According to our recent research, top manufacturers and distributors increased demand generation investments by 23% in 2023. All signs point to this number continuing to grow in 2024.
Join your peers to discuss the keys to creating and sustaining a winning demand generation program.
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET
EMEA Demand Generation Performance & InvestmentsVirtual Roundtable
Determining the most effective and efficient demand generation strategy requires careful analysis and understanding of target markets, customer preferences and channel resource allocation. Leading firms are seeing a 35% increase in marketing qualified leads and a 55% increase in marketing sourced closed-won revenue. Are you making the right demand generation investments?
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. BST
Women Revenue Leaders Forum
Join hundreds of senior sales, marketing, commercial and operations leaders to share stories of transformation, connect 1:1 virtually, and take away actionable ideas for how to align growth through convergence.
Friday, November 22, 2024
Sales Compensation Symposium
Reserve your spot at Alexander Group’s upcoming Sales Compensation Symposium. Join leading manufacturers and distributors as we discuss the latest strategies and best practices to support your sales reps as you look to set, measure and compensate success.