Create a Unique Customer Experience
When Disruption Threatens, Differentiate to Add Value
Providing customer value goes beyond offering products through e-commerce channels. It requires a unique customer experience (CX) that sets you, the distributor, apart from your competitors.
Value means more than ease of ordering, efficient processes and immediate delivery. Customers now expect distributors to anticipate their needs before placing an order.
At the same time, distributors face low margins, talent shortages and increased competition, making it challenging to compete profitably in today’s market. How can distributors provide exceptional CX, grow revenue and differentiate themselves from competitors in a disruptive market?
The answer lies in aligning your strategy, processes and resources so you can execute your business model flawlessly.
Alexander Group helps leading companies differentiate their revenue organization by clearly defining their objectives, investing in the right resources and deploying a go-to-market model that balances growth and maximizes customer lifetime value.
How We Help
- Revitalize your sales organization: Positioning your company for revenue growth demands high organizational readiness and can require an in-depth look at every facet of the sales organization. But the payoff is worth the effort. Companies that successfully implement revenue growth strategies enjoy 10-20% revenue gains. The goal requires determining the best sources for revenue growth and defining the most effective ways to sell. For instance, going deeper on content, products and customer service to provide an invaluable user experience and lead to higher growth.
- Align Revenue Operations: Using our Revenue Growth Model™, we will help you equip your Sales, Marketing and Support teams to deliver value in a way that will differentiate your products and services, command a premium and deliver profitable growth. For instance, by integrating Marketing, Sales and Service under one leader, the Chief Revenue Officer, you will stay focused on the entire customer continuum, maintain a pulse on customer needs and create a solid vision for the future.
- Enhance channel partner programs: Offer customers a complete solution, including the resources, support and specialized knowledge to demonstrate your unique value. Many enterprises see revenue increases by forming channel partnerships with other successful companies that can reach new markets, add value to their services or enhance their delivery capabilities.
- Move from product-focused to service-oriented: Customers value an experienced provider with subject matter experts who can simplify the purchasing process. In the highest-performing organizations, Marketing, Sales and Service team members collaborate to build solutions that expand upsell and cross-sell opportunities identified throughout the buyer journey.
- Prioritize marketing investments: Evaluate current and new markets, identify areas of opportunity and optimize marketing channels, mix and return. Maximize customer lifetime value through continuous buyer engagement. Targeted marketing investments optimize ROI while reaching the right market segments.
Distribution: Key Account Program WatchoutsThree key account program elements that require constant measurement and management.
Participate in Our ResearchOpen Opportunities
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital investments are increasing dramatically. Innovative products are driving profitable growth but require significant changes in talent for new roles and more advanced skill sets. Adapting to new customer preferences and the 24/7 buyer journey is forcing the integration of marketing, sales and service. Is your firm keeping up with industry changes?
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Economic downturn. Unpredictable markets. These are just a few factors that are preventing manufacturing commercial leaders from determining and realizing revenue goals. How can organizations achieve differentiated growth, productivity and efficiency for profitable growth?
- Digital Go-to-Customer Study Discover the industry trends, insights and frameworks on the digital impact on revenue growth, as well as recommendations for increased sales performance and growth in a digital environment.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital is altering the way customers interact and purchase your offerings. Integrating sales, marketing and service to provide customer value will differentiate your firm, command a premium and deliver sustainable growth. Compare your business processes and performance metrics to your competition to see if you’re hitting the mark.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Productivity Drivers Rising inflation, supply chain constraints and uncertain demand are just a few economic factors that are impacting commercial models. What drivers are manufacturers and distributors investing in to prioritize customer segments, protect margin, and maintain and grow market share?
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
Upcoming Distribution Events
EMEA Sales Comp Community: First Sales Comp Design Question Everyone Asks: “What Are My Measures?”Virtual Roundtable
Sales compensation weights and measures communicate both the sales strategy and the definition of success to individual sellers. In this way, selecting the appropriate measures can be the difference between a general plan that fails due to lack of specificity and a tailored plan that creates the role-specific outcomes required. In this virtual session for the EMEA Sales Compensation Community, we will share best practices on how to choose between the myriad of measure options available as well data on the best weight and measures used in the marketplace.
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. BST
Sales Compensation Symposium
Get the latest metrics, sales compensation and quotas insights/practices leading companies are using to drive revenue growth, manage costs and attract/retain talent. Registration is complimentary.
12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET
Join hundreds of senior sales, marketing, commercial and operations leaders to share stories of transformation, connect 1:1 virtually, and take away actionable ideas for how to win in an ever-changing 24×7 customer environment.
Friday, October 27, 2023
Sales Compensation Symposium
Reserve your spot at Alexander Group’s upcoming Sales Compensation Symposium. Join leading manufacturers and distributors as we discuss the latest strategies and best practices to support your sales reps as you look to set, measure and compensate success.
Research & Benchmarks
Get access to the latest go-to-market research and benchmarks to leverage growth drivers for valuation improvement