Create a Unique Customer Experience
When Disruption Threatens, Differentiate to Add Value
Providing customer value goes beyond offering products through e-commerce channels. It requires a unique customer experience (CX) that sets you, the distributor, apart from your competitors.
Value means more than ease of ordering, efficient processes and immediate delivery. Customers now expect distributors to anticipate their needs before placing an order.
At the same time, distributors face low margins, talent shortages and increased competition, making it challenging to compete profitably in today’s market. How can distributors provide exceptional CX, grow revenue and differentiate themselves from competitors in a disruptive market?
The answer lies in aligning your strategy, processes and resources so you can execute your business model flawlessly.
Alexander Group helps leading companies differentiate their revenue organization by clearly defining their objectives, investing in the right resources and deploying a go-to-market model that balances growth and maximizes customer lifetime value.
How We Help
- Revitalize your sales organization: Positioning your company for revenue growth demands high organizational readiness and can require an in-depth look at every facet of the sales organization. But the payoff is worth the effort. Companies that successfully implement revenue growth strategies enjoy 10-20% revenue gains. The goal requires determining the best sources for revenue growth and defining the most effective ways to sell. For instance, going deeper on content, products and customer service to provide an invaluable user experience and lead to higher growth.
- Align Revenue Operations: Using our Revenue Growth Model™, we will help you equip your Sales, Marketing and Support teams to deliver value in a way that will differentiate your products and services, command a premium and deliver profitable growth. For instance, by integrating Marketing, Sales and Service under one leader, the Chief Revenue Officer, you will stay focused on the entire customer continuum, maintain a pulse on customer needs and create a solid vision for the future.
- Enhance channel partner programs: Offer customers a complete solution, including the resources, support and specialized knowledge to demonstrate your unique value. Many enterprises see revenue increases by forming channel partnerships with other successful companies that can reach new markets, add value to their services or enhance their delivery capabilities.
- Move from product-focused to service-oriented: Customers value an experienced provider with subject matter experts who can simplify the purchasing process. In the highest-performing organizations, Marketing, Sales and Service team members collaborate to build solutions that expand upsell and cross-sell opportunities identified throughout the buyer journey.
- Prioritize marketing investments: Evaluate current and new markets, identify areas of opportunity and optimize marketing channels, mix and return. Maximize customer lifetime value through continuous buyer engagement. Targeted marketing investments optimize ROI while reaching the right market segments.
Distribution: Key Account Program WatchoutsThree key account program elements that require constant measurement and management.
Participate in Our ResearchOpen Opportunities
- Customer Experience Survey Customer Experience (CX) is the overall impression and perception that customers have based on their interactions with your brand, products and services. Are you delivering best-in-class customer experience throughout all touchpoints of the customer journey, including pre-purchase, purchase and post-purchase interactions?
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital investments are increasing dramatically. Innovative products are driving profitable growth but require significant changes in talent for new roles and more advanced skill sets. Adapting to new customer preferences and the 24/7 buyer journey is forcing the integration of marketing, sales and service. Is your firm keeping up with industry changes?
- Sales Compensation Trends Survey For industry leaders in HR, sales and sales compensation, participants will provide input on 2023 results and program goals and objectives for 2024. Focus areas include quotas, staffing and headcount along with sales comp plan changes around measures, weights, performance periods, MBOs, pay mix and leverage.
- Advanced Practices for Commercial Talent Management Manufacturers and distributors achieve revenue and margin outperformance with a lower proportion of above-market pay compared to other industries. Over 60% of leading firms meet monthly to discuss performance with their commercial teams. What are the best practices for developing a talent management strategy that brings a competitive advantage?
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Economic downturn. Unpredictable markets. These are just a few factors that are preventing manufacturing commercial leaders from determining and realizing revenue goals. How can organizations achieve differentiated growth, productivity and efficiency for profitable growth?
- Digital Go-to-Customer Study Discover the industry trends, insights and frameworks on the digital impact on revenue growth, as well as recommendations for increased sales performance and growth in a digital environment.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital is altering the way customers interact and purchase your offerings. Integrating sales, marketing and service to provide customer value will differentiate your firm, command a premium and deliver sustainable growth. Compare your business processes and performance metrics to your competition to see if you’re hitting the mark.
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Productivity Drivers Rising inflation, supply chain constraints and uncertain demand are just a few economic factors that are impacting commercial models. What drivers are manufacturers and distributors investing in to prioritize customer segments, protect margin, and maintain and grow market share?
- Prioritizing Quality Over Quantity: An Analysis of Marketing Demand Generation Performance Leaders in manufacturing and distribution have increased demand generation investments by over 13%. Marketing now accounts for 33% of functional pipeline development. As marketers look to allocate resources between channels and initiatives to increase conversion rates while navigating costs and tracking ROI, how do you determine the best demand gen investment strategies?
- Redefine Excellence Through Customer Experience From executing a customer experience (CX) vision and strategy, deploying the right resources for customer engagement, setting specific CX goals and measurements, and defining the processes and growth plays that drive retention, the study provides insights and metrics for manufacturers and distributors on leading practices for a successful CX program.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
- Sales Compensation Hot Topics Survey Over 350 sales compensation leaders across seven industries provided insights on key sales comp topics including costs, quota planning and attainment, profitability, AI’s impact on comp, global comp practices, marketing comp practices and client/deliver services comp practices.
Upcoming Distribution Events
Precision Pricing: Unlocking Profit to Outperform Competitors SeriesWebinar
Session 3 | Cost-Plus Pricing: Stop Leaving Money on the Table
Intuitively, using cost-plus to set pricing would allow organizations to keep pace with inflation and ensure long-term financial viability. Yet, more than half of B2B organizations failed to keep pace with inflation in this past year. In this webinar, Avy Punwasee of Revenue Management Labs and Kyle Uebelhor of Alexander Group will outline how using value-based pricing in place of cost-plus is essential to commercial success.
– Cost-based pricing versus value-based pricing
– Unlocking customer value and willingness to pay
– Understand the competitive landscape and how that will impact pricing decisions
– Determining the true financial value of your offering
– Change management considerations when migrating to a value-based approach
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET
Sales Compensation Symposium
Reserve your spot at Alexander Group’s upcoming Sales Compensation Symposium. Join leading manufacturers and distributors as we discuss the latest strategies and best practices to support your sales reps as you look to set, measure and compensate success.