Investments for Profitable Revenue Growth
Increase Revenue & Reduce Costs
Economic turmoil has forced manufacturing leaders to switch focus. It’s about more than just driving top-line growth. It’s about focusing on margins and reducing costs, the sources for profitable revenue growth.
What investments are manufacturers making to drive productivity and growth?
- Maintaining margin is a go-to-market issue, not pricing: Adjusting customer and product focus allows more control over margin than negotiating price changes.
- Diversifying revenue priorities is a necessity for growth: Diverse portfolio manufacturers derive 39% of revenue from services and software.
- Virtual selling and self-service are here to stay: Research shows that 72% of executives are increasing inside sales headcount.
- Raising pay alone won’t retain top talent: Over 45% of executives now prioritize non-pay strategies, including flexible work hours and training and development programs.
- Focus on partner success: Design and deliver customer solutions to create a streamlined customer experience through direct selling or distributor network.
- Invest in digital enablement: E-commerce platforms, data transparency, marketing co-investments and partner sales training programs are priorities.
- Revenue Operations team investments are essential to enable productivity gains: Organizations with established Revenue Operations teams see $220K more revenue per seller at a 14% lower sales expense per seller rate.
Alexander Group helps leading manufacturers align priorities to support revenue growth and retain their competitive standing.
How We Help
- Coverage models: Target the right opportunities with the right value by determining your market opportunity and phase of growth.
- Marketing and demand generation blueprint: Evaluate current and new markets and areas of opportunity. Optimize marketing channels, mix and return.
- Service selling: Provide services wrapped around products as a value-add for customers to lock in predictable revenue.
- Revenue Operations: Invest in Revenue Operations to integrate Marketing, Sales and Service and drive commercial efficiency.
- Sales compensation: Align sales compensation and quota programs to motivate and achieve more aggressive business goals.
- Actionable research & benchmarks: Provide current and relevant data, trends and benchmarks to help guide Sales, Marketing and Operations decisions.
Manufacturing & Distribution: Growth vs. InflationHow to Differentiate Quality from Quantity by Deconstructing Revenue Streams
Participate in Our ResearchOpen Opportunities
- Customer Experience Survey Customer Experience (CX) is the overall impression and perception that customers have based on their interactions with your brand, products and services. Are you delivering best-in-class customer experience throughout all touchpoints of the customer journey, including pre-purchase, purchase and post-purchase interactions?
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital investments are increasing dramatically. Innovative products are driving profitable growth but require significant changes in talent for new roles and more advanced skill sets. Adapting to new customer preferences and the 24/7 buyer journey is forcing the integration of marketing, sales and service. Is your firm keeping up with industry changes?
- Advanced Practices for Commercial Talent Management Manufacturers and distributors achieve revenue and margin outperformance with a lower proportion of above-market pay compared to other industries. Over 60% of leading firms meet monthly to discuss performance with their commercial teams. What are the best practices for developing a talent management strategy that brings a competitive advantage?
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Economic downturn. Unpredictable markets. These are just a few factors that are preventing manufacturing commercial leaders from determining and realizing revenue goals. How can organizations achieve differentiated growth, productivity and efficiency for profitable growth?
- Digital Go-to-Customer Study Discover the industry trends, insights and frameworks on the digital impact on revenue growth, as well as recommendations for increased sales performance and growth in a digital environment.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Productivity Drivers Rising inflation, supply chain constraints and uncertain demand are just a few economic factors that are impacting commercial models. What drivers are manufacturers and distributors investing in to prioritize customer segments, protect margin, and maintain and grow market share?
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital is altering the way customers interact and purchase your offerings. Integrating sales, marketing and service to provide customer value will differentiate your firm, command a premium and deliver sustainable growth. Compare your business processes and performance metrics to your competition to see if you’re hitting the mark.
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Prioritizing Quality Over Quantity: An Analysis of Marketing Demand Generation Performance Leaders in manufacturing and distribution have increased demand generation investments by over 13%. Marketing now accounts for 33% of functional pipeline development. As marketers look to allocate resources between channels and initiatives to increase conversion rates while navigating costs and tracking ROI, how do you determine the best demand gen investment strategies?
- Redefine Excellence Through Customer Experience From executing a customer experience (CX) vision and strategy, deploying the right resources for customer engagement, setting specific CX goals and measurements, and defining the processes and growth plays that drive retention, the study provides insights and metrics for manufacturers and distributors on leading practices for a successful CX program.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
- Sales Compensation Trends Survey Sales compensation leaders from 300+ companies across industries participated to provide data and insights on the latest metrics and trends impacting sales compensation programs. From sales comp investments, costs, plan goals and program changes, discover the best practices sales comp leaders are initiating for 2024.
Upcoming Manufacturing Events
EMEA Demand Generation Performance & InvestmentsVirtual Roundtable
Determining the most effective and efficient demand generation strategy requires careful analysis and understanding of target markets, customer preferences and channel resource allocation. Leading firms are seeing a 35% increase in marketing qualified leads and a 55% increase in marketing sourced closed-won revenue. Are you making the right demand generation investments?
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. BST
Women Revenue Leaders ForumSt. Regis Hotel, Chicago, IL
Sales Compensation SymposiumVirtual
Sales Compensation Symposium: New YorkBusiness Services, Financial Services, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Manufacturing & Distribution Focus
Executive ForumThe Breakers | Palm Beach, Florida
Join hundreds of senior sales, marketing, commercial and operations leaders to share stories of transformation, connect 1:1 virtually, and take away actionable ideas for how to align growth through convergence.
Friday, November 22, 2024
Sales Compensation Symposium
Reserve your spot at Alexander Group’s upcoming Sales Compensation Symposium. Join leading manufacturers and distributors as we discuss the latest strategies and best practices to support your sales reps as you look to set, measure and compensate success.