Investments for Profitable Revenue Growth
Increase Revenue & Reduce Costs
Economic turmoil has forced manufacturing leaders to switch focus. It’s about more than just driving top-line growth. It’s about focusing on margins and reducing costs, the sources for profitable revenue growth.
What investments are manufacturers making to drive productivity and growth?
- Maintaining margin is a go-to-market issue, not pricing: Adjusting customer and product focus allows more control over margin than negotiating price changes.
- Diversifying revenue priorities is a necessity for growth: Diverse portfolio manufacturers derive 39% of revenue from services and software.
- Virtual selling and self-service are here to stay: Research shows that 72% of executives are increasing inside sales headcount.
- Raising pay alone won’t retain top talent: Over 45% of executives now prioritize non-pay strategies, including flexible work hours and training and development programs.
- Focus on partner success: Design and deliver customer solutions to create a streamlined customer experience through direct selling or distributor network.
- Invest in digital enablement: E-commerce platforms, data transparency, marketing co-investments and partner sales training programs are priorities.
- Revenue Operations team investments are essential to enable productivity gains: Organizations with established Revenue Operations teams see $220K more revenue per seller at a 14% lower sales expense per seller rate.
Alexander Group helps leading manufacturers align priorities to support revenue growth and retain their competitive standing.
How We Help
- Coverage models: Target the right opportunities with the right value by determining your market opportunity and phase of growth.
- Marketing and demand generation blueprint: Evaluate current and new markets and areas of opportunity. Optimize marketing channels, mix and return.
- Service selling: Provide services wrapped around products as a value-add for customers to lock in predictable revenue.
- Revenue Operations: Invest in Revenue Operations to integrate Marketing, Sales and Service and drive commercial efficiency.
- Sales compensation: Align sales compensation and quota programs to motivate and achieve more aggressive business goals.
- Actionable research & benchmarks: Provide current and relevant data, trends and benchmarks to help guide Sales, Marketing and Operations decisions.
Manufacturing & Distribution: Growth vs. InflationHow to Differentiate Quality from Quantity by Deconstructing Revenue Streams
Participate in Our ResearchOpen Opportunities
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital investments are increasing dramatically. Innovative products are driving profitable growth but require significant changes in talent for new roles and more advanced skill sets. Adapting to new customer preferences and the 24/7 buyer journey is forcing the integration of marketing, sales and service. Is your firm keeping up with industry changes?
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Economic downturn. Unpredictable markets. These are just a few factors that are preventing manufacturing commercial leaders from determining and realizing revenue goals. How can organizations achieve differentiated growth, productivity and efficiency for profitable growth?
- Digital Go-to-Customer Study Discover the industry trends, insights and frameworks on the digital impact on revenue growth, as well as recommendations for increased sales performance and growth in a digital environment.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Productivity Drivers Rising inflation, supply chain constraints and uncertain demand are just a few economic factors that are impacting commercial models. What drivers are manufacturers and distributors investing in to prioritize customer segments, protect margin, and maintain and grow market share?
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital is altering the way customers interact and purchase your offerings. Integrating sales, marketing and service to provide customer value will differentiate your firm, command a premium and deliver sustainable growth. Compare your business processes and performance metrics to your competition to see if you’re hitting the mark.
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
Upcoming Manufacturing Events
EMEA Sales Comp Community: First Sales Comp Design Question Everyone Asks: “What Are My Measures?”Virtual Roundtable
Sales compensation weights and measures communicate both the sales strategy and the definition of success to individual sellers. In this way, selecting the appropriate measures can be the difference between a general plan that fails due to lack of specificity and a tailored plan that creates the role-specific outcomes required. In this virtual session for the EMEA Sales Compensation Community, we will share best practices on how to choose between the myriad of measure options available as well data on the best weight and measures used in the marketplace.
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. BST
Sales Compensation Symposium
Get the latest metrics, sales compensation and quotas insights/practices leading companies are using to drive revenue growth, manage costs and attract/retain talent. Registration is complimentary.
12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET
Join hundreds of senior sales, marketing, commercial and operations leaders to share stories of transformation, connect 1:1 virtually, and take away actionable ideas for how to win in an ever-changing 24×7 customer environment.
Friday, October 27, 2023
Sales Compensation Symposium
Reserve your spot at Alexander Group’s upcoming Sales Compensation Symposium. Join leading manufacturers and distributors as we discuss the latest strategies and best practices to support your sales reps as you look to set, measure and compensate success.
Research & Benchmarks
Get access to the latest go-to-market research and benchmarks to leverage growth drivers for valuation improvement