Boost Your Competitive Edge
Commercial & Industrial Services Growth and Go-to-Market Imperatives
How can commercial and industrial firms face the complex challenges of today’s market while still achieving their growth potential?
These companies face challenges, including securing and safely maintaining facilities, production lines and equipment. In addition, they must enter unfamiliar markets while moving goods across complex supply chains to grow revenue.
Many service providers, including logistics, equipment maintenance and facilities management, have built multi-billion dollar revenue streams and service hubs across the globe but must redefine their commercial models to reflect the following:
- Unmanaged Growth: “We don’t have our assets where the growth is.”
- Decentralized Models: “You can’t manage a national customer from one local service center.”
- Service Proliferation and Customization: “We went from selling one core offering to nine across all segments.”
- Technology Enablement: “Our customers can find a brokered service provider in one hour.”
For long-term growth, manufacturers and tech firms must aggressively invest in their service arms, drive growth and lock in long-term revenue streams. Alexander Group helps commercial and industrial companies identify untapped opportunities while maximizing their resource investments to achieve revenue growth targets.
How We Help
- Centralize functions to take advantage of centers of excellence and global best practices: Optimize their processes and take advantage of centers of excellence and global best practices to improve operations, increase efficiency and reduce costs, improving their ability to deal with unmanaged growth and decentralized models.
- Consolidate offerings and effectively scale high-margin and high-value services to the right market segments: To address the challenges of service proliferation and customization, consolidate offerings and focus on high-margin and high-value services to scale business to the right market segments effectively.
- Create advanced sales and service organizations with effective job roles, channels and leadership: Establish effective channel management strategies to reach the right customers with the right messaging through the proper channels. Develop a cohesive and motivated team that can work towards common goals to compete effectively and grow.
- Embrace technology to improve customer satisfaction, increase close rates and capture more revenue post-sales: Improve operations, increase efficiency and better respond to customer demands by embracing technology. This approach effectively deals with the challenges of technology enablement, where companies must react quickly to customer demands.
- Enhance recruitment and talent development programs to reduce high industry attrition rates and rapidly build skills in complex service offerings: Attracting and retaining top talent requires offering competitive compensation and benefits packages. Develop programs specifically targeted at attracting and retaining top talent.
- Re-build outdated incentive programs that drive complacency and limit new growth: When dealing with the challenges of unmanaged growth and decentralized models, companies must adapt quickly to new markets and customer needs. Motivate employees to drive growth and respond to changing market conditions.
2022-2023 Sales Pulse Survey Executive SummaryWhat are revenue leaders forecasting in terms of goals, investments and challenges for the coming year?
Participate in Our ResearchBriefing Offers
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Collaboration across marketing, sales and service functions is essential to engage customers across the buyer journey, from awareness to loyalty. By aligning these functions and optimizing their performance, businesses can increase their revenue and profitability. How do you optimize your commercial practices to achieve profitable growth and valuation? This is a question that many business leaders face in today’s competitive and dynamic market.
- Digital Go-to-Customer Study Discover the industry trends, insights and frameworks on the digital impact on revenue growth, as well as recommendations for increased sales performance and growth in a digital environment.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
Upcoming Business Services Events
Financial & Business Services: Create a Winning Strategy to Elevate Commercial TalentVirtual Roundtable
Are you ready to take your commercial talent to the next level in 2023? Join industry experts for an interactive and engaging discussion on how to overcome the common challenges of commercial talent management and create a winning strategy that drives your business growth and performance.
You will hear from Alexander Group’s Business Services practice leads, who will share the key findings from our latest survey of nearly 200 North American commercial leaders. You will have the opportunity to network with other commercial leaders and exchange ideas and experiences on topics such as:
- How to cope with the labor market instability and talent funnel issues
- How to upskill/reskill your commercial talent to match industry needs and shift company priorities
- How to differentiate yourself from your competitors and attract/retain top talent
- How to define and communicate your vision, mission and objectives for your commercial talent
- How to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment for your commercial talent
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
EMEA Sales Comp Community: First Sales Comp Design Question Everyone Asks: “What Are My Measures?”Virtual Roundtable
Sales compensation weights and measures communicate both the sales strategy and the definition of success to individual sellers. In this way, selecting the appropriate measures can be the difference between a general plan that fails due to lack of specificity and a tailored plan that creates the role-specific outcomes required. In this virtual session for the EMEA Sales Compensation Community, we will share best practices on how to choose between the myriad of measure options available as well data on the best weight and measures used in the marketplace.
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. BST
Sales Compensation Symposium
Get the latest metrics, sales compensation and quotas insights/practices leading companies are using to drive revenue growth, manage costs and attract/retain talent. Registration is complimentary.
12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET
Join hundreds of senior sales, marketing, commercial and operations leaders to share stories of transformation, connect 1:1 virtually, and take away actionable ideas for how to win in an ever-changing 24×7 customer environment.
Friday, October 27, 2023
Join our Commercial & Industrial Community
Alexander Group’s community enables leading executives to share insights and takeaways for immediate use. Participants engage with sales leaders in interactive discussions while gaining knowledge on best practices, pitfalls and challenges.
Alexander Group Can Help
Navigate market challenges and shifting consumption patterns to drive profitable revenue growth