Boost Your Competitive Edge
Commercial & Industrial Services Growth and Go-to-Market Imperatives
How can commercial and industrial firms face the complex challenges of today’s market while still achieving their growth potential?
These companies face challenges, including securing and safely maintaining facilities, production lines and equipment. In addition, they must enter unfamiliar markets while moving goods across complex supply chains to grow revenue.
Many service providers, including logistics, equipment maintenance and facilities management, have built multi-billion dollar revenue streams and service hubs across the globe but must redefine their commercial models to reflect the following:
- Unmanaged Growth: “We don’t have our assets where the growth is.”
- Decentralized Models: “You can’t manage a national customer from one local service center.”
- Service Proliferation and Customization: “We went from selling one core offering to nine across all segments.”
- Technology Enablement: “Our customers can find a brokered service provider in one hour.”
For long-term growth, manufacturers and tech firms must aggressively invest in their service arms, drive growth and lock in long-term revenue streams. Alexander Group helps commercial and industrial companies identify untapped opportunities while maximizing their resource investments to achieve revenue growth targets.
How We Help
- Centralize functions to take advantage of centers of excellence and global best practices: Optimize their processes and take advantage of centers of excellence and global best practices to improve operations, increase efficiency and reduce costs, improving their ability to deal with unmanaged growth and decentralized models.
- Consolidate offerings and effectively scale high-margin and high-value services to the right market segments: To address the challenges of service proliferation and customization, consolidate offerings and focus on high-margin and high-value services to scale business to the right market segments effectively.
- Create advanced sales and service organizations with effective job roles, channels and leadership: Establish effective channel management strategies to reach the right customers with the right messaging through the proper channels. Develop a cohesive and motivated team that can work towards common goals to compete effectively and grow.
- Embrace technology to improve customer satisfaction, increase close rates and capture more revenue post-sales: Improve operations, increase efficiency and better respond to customer demands by embracing technology. This approach effectively deals with the challenges of technology enablement, where companies must react quickly to customer demands.
- Enhance recruitment and talent development programs to reduce high industry attrition rates and rapidly build skills in complex service offerings: Attracting and retaining top talent requires offering competitive compensation and benefits packages. Develop programs specifically targeted at attracting and retaining top talent.
- Re-build outdated incentive programs that drive complacency and limit new growth: When dealing with the challenges of unmanaged growth and decentralized models, companies must adapt quickly to new markets and customer needs. Motivate employees to drive growth and respond to changing market conditions.
2022-2023 Sales Pulse Survey Executive SummaryWhat are revenue leaders forecasting in terms of goals, investments and challenges for the coming year?
Participate in Our ResearchOpen Opportunities
- Customer Experience Survey Customer Experience (CX) is the overall impression and perception that customers have based on their interactions with your brand, products and services. Are you delivering best-in-class customer experience throughout all touchpoints of the customer journey, including pre-purchase, purchase and post-purchase interactions?
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Collaboration across marketing, sales and service functions is essential to engage customers across the buyer journey, from awareness to loyalty. By aligning these functions and optimizing their performance, businesses can increase their revenue and profitability. How do you optimize your commercial practices to achieve profitable growth and valuation? This is a question that many business leaders face in today’s competitive and dynamic market.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Key Talent Management Strategies to Increase Productivity and Efficiency Business services organizations that generate strong profitable growth have more productive and efficient commercial teams by outperforming competitors in key talent management areas. These best-in-class business services companies have 23% more sellers achieving quota and an 18% higher net revenue retention. Discover the five principles these firms have implemented to enhance their talent management strategies.
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
- Sales Compensation Hot Topics Survey Over 350 sales compensation leaders across seven industries provided insights on key sales comp topics including costs, quota planning and attainment, profitability, AI’s impact on comp, global comp practices, marketing comp practices and client/deliver services comp practices.
Upcoming Business Services Events
Precision Pricing: Unlocking Profit to Outperform Competitors SeriesWebinar
Alexander Group & Revenue Management Labs Presents Session 2 | Pricing Essentials for 2024
When planning for your next fiscal year, one of the most impactful performance drivers that is often overlooked is pricing. Many organizations do not spend enough time assessing pricing nor do they fully leverage its potential. In session 2 of this webinar series, discover the best practices for budgeting for pricing, why it needs to be budgeted at a granular level, and how to do it. We will also discuss pricing reporting and KPIs you can use to monitor your progress against targets.
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET
Join hundreds of senior sales, marketing, commercial and operations leaders to share stories of transformation, connect 1:1 virtually, and take away actionable ideas for how to win in an ever-changing 24×7 customer environment.
Friday, October 27, 2023
Business Services: Elevate Your Customer Experience Strategy with Industry-Leading Best PracticesVirtual Roundtable
Join us for an interactive discussion with business services executives to learn how to fine-tune your customer strategy, prioritize customer experience (CX) investments and develop innovative solutions to well-known pain points. Backed by Alexander Group’s 2023 Customer Experience Study findings, this virtual roundtable will cover essential topics to achieve industry-leading CX. Don’t miss this opportunity to gain valuable insights and network with other business services executives.
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
Join our Commercial & Industrial Community
Alexander Group’s community enables leading executives to share insights and takeaways for immediate use. Participants engage with sales leaders in interactive discussions while gaining knowledge on best practices, pitfalls and challenges.