The Future is XaaS
Align Talent with Technology
Technology advancements proliferate, requiring new and strategic offerings within the industrial and capital equipment space. As a result, sales leaders must invest in new go-to-market models.
The industrial and capital equipment market is projected to grow 8.8% year-over-year from 2020-2025 due to strengthened consumer demand, increasing adoption of Industry 4.0 and industrial internet of things (IIoT) enabled smart devices.
While innovative XaaS offerings drive expansion opportunities, leaders are now questioning if the right talent and roles are in place to replace legacy “one-and-done” selling with the revenue continuity model of XaaS. In addition, changes to sales compensation plans are inevitable to align sellers’ pay with strategic growth goals.
Are industrials set up for XaaS selling? Alexander Group aligns evolving go-to-market models with XaaS selling strategies to ensure revenue growth and alignment with business objectives.
How We Help
- XaaS metrics: Gain insight into the right metrics and practices for profitable XaaS growth.
- Coverage models: Target the right opportunities with the right value by determining your market opportunity and specialty roles.
- Services selling: Provide services wrapped around products as a value-add for customers to lock in predictable revenue.
- Revenue Operations: Invest in Revenue Operations to integrate Marketing, Sales and Service and drive commercial efficiency.
- Sales compensation: Align sales compensation and quota programs to motivate and achieve more aggressive business goals.
- Channel sales: Determine the partner strategy and build an effective partner program ecosystem. Drive profitable growth in Installation and Service operations.
Industrial & Capital Equipment: Three Key Findings to Accelerate Revenue GrowthSales leaders are investing in new GTC models as a result of technology advancements that continue to proliferate new and strategic offerings.
Participate in Our ResearchOpen Opportunities
- Customer Experience Survey Customer Experience (CX) is the overall impression and perception that customers have based on their interactions with your brand, products and services. Are you delivering best-in-class customer experience throughout all touchpoints of the customer journey, including pre-purchase, purchase and post-purchase interactions?
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital investments are increasing dramatically. Innovative products are driving profitable growth but require significant changes in talent for new roles and more advanced skill sets. Adapting to new customer preferences and the 24/7 buyer journey is forcing the integration of marketing, sales and service. Is your firm keeping up with industry changes?
- Advanced Practices for Commercial Talent Management Manufacturers and distributors achieve revenue and margin outperformance with a lower proportion of above-market pay compared to other industries. Over 60% of leading firms meet monthly to discuss performance with their commercial teams. What are the best practices for developing a talent management strategy that brings a competitive advantage?
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Economic downturn. Unpredictable markets. These are just a few factors that are preventing manufacturing commercial leaders from determining and realizing revenue goals. How can organizations achieve differentiated growth, productivity and efficiency for profitable growth?
- Digital Go-to-Customer Study Discover the industry trends, insights and frameworks on the digital impact on revenue growth, as well as recommendations for increased sales performance and growth in a digital environment.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital is altering the way customers interact and purchase your offerings. Integrating sales, marketing and service to provide customer value will differentiate your firm, command a premium and deliver sustainable growth. Compare your business processes and performance metrics to your competition to see if you’re hitting the mark.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Productivity Drivers Rising inflation, supply chain constraints and uncertain demand are just a few economic factors that are impacting commercial models. What drivers are manufacturers and distributors investing in to prioritize customer segments, protect margin, and maintain and grow market share?
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
- Sales Compensation Hot Topics Survey Over 350 sales compensation leaders across seven industries provided insights on key sales comp topics including costs, quota planning and attainment, profitability, AI’s impact on comp, global comp practices, marketing comp practices and client/deliver services comp practices.
Upcoming Manufacturing and Distribution Events
Precision Pricing: Unlocking Profit to Outperform Competitors SeriesWebinar
Alexander Group & Revenue Management Labs Presents Session 2 | Pricing Essentials for 2024
When planning for your next fiscal year, one of the most impactful performance drivers that is often overlooked is pricing. Many organizations do not spend enough time assessing pricing nor do they fully leverage its potential. In session 2 of this webinar series, discover the best practices for budgeting for pricing, why it needs to be budgeted at a granular level, and how to do it. We will also discuss pricing reporting and KPIs you can use to monitor your progress against targets.
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET
Join hundreds of senior sales, marketing, commercial and operations leaders to share stories of transformation, connect 1:1 virtually, and take away actionable ideas for how to win in an ever-changing 24×7 customer environment.
Friday, October 27, 2023
Manufacturing & Distribution: Redefining Excellence Through Customer ExperienceVirtual Roundtable
Join commercial leaders in manufacturing and distribution to discuss how best to deliver industry leading CX by assessing your customer strategy, priority initiatives and investments. Backed by Alexander Group’s latest research from our Customer Experience study, you will have the opportunity to engage in an interactive session with other executives to discuss topics.
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
Sales Compensation Symposium
Reserve your spot at Alexander Group’s upcoming Sales Compensation Symposium. Join leading manufacturers and distributors as we discuss the latest strategies and best practices to support your sales reps as you look to set, measure and compensate success.