The Key to Innovation
Deliver Customer Value
While new product development and advanced technologies have been the standard approach to achieving a competitive edge, leading firms realize that innovation now stems from creating a differentiated customer experience.
Customers who receive additional value through new solution offerings that include insights into product quality and performance and receive extended services outside of the standard sale are likelier to remain loyal.
Commercial models must adapt as chemicals, packaging and specialty materials manufacturers and distributors develop go-to-market strategies that focus on providing customer value. Deploying overlay roles to sell applications, expanding e-commerce platforms for all customer levels and strengthening partner relationships to provide connected logistics are three emerging trends that high performers employ to innovate the customer experience successfully.
Specialist overlay roles for application selling: Traditional sellers may need to gain the skills to communicate the value proposition of application solutions effectively. In addition, adding specialists generates more significant opportunities for expanding the footprint within existing accounts, providing customer “stickiness” while driving incremental margins.
Rise of e-commerce: All customer tiers are now engaging and purchasing daily. As a result, it is now a necessity to ensure quick product ordering and fulfillment.
Deep partner relationships for connected logistics: The demand for connected logistics between manufacturers and distributors is more critical than ever. Distributors must provide the necessary customer purchasing behavior insights and data to help manufacturers develop the offerings and applications buyers desire.
Is your organization developing an innovative customer experience to remain competitive? Alexander Group helps you design job roles, processes and tools that align with your go-to-market model, enhancing partner relationships, sales growth and value-added customer experiences.
How We Help
- Solution selling: Drive commercial team collaboration and accountability.
- Coverage models: Target the right opportunities with the right value by determining your market opportunity and specialty roles.
- Revenue Operations: Invest in Revenue Operations to integrate Marketing, Sales and Service and drive commercial efficiency.
- Sales compensation: Align sales compensation and quota programs to motivate and achieve more aggressive business goals.
- Actionable research & benchmarks: Provide current and relevant data, trends and benchmarks to help guide sales, marketing and operational decisions.
- Opportunity modeling & territory design: Understand your share of wallet at the account or territory level and right size your resources for profitable growth.
Chemicals, Packaging & Specialty Materials: New Journeys, New Solutions – Part 1Realigning Sales, Service and Operations to serve the evolving buyer’s experience
Participate in Our ResearchOpen Opportunities
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital investments are increasing dramatically. Innovative products are driving profitable growth but require significant changes in talent for new roles and more advanced skill sets. Adapting to new customer preferences and the 24/7 buyer journey is forcing the integration of marketing, sales and service. Is your firm keeping up with industry changes?
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Economic downturn. Unpredictable markets. These are just a few factors that are preventing manufacturing commercial leaders from determining and realizing revenue goals. How can organizations achieve differentiated growth, productivity and efficiency for profitable growth?
- Digital Go-to-Customer Study Discover the industry trends, insights and frameworks on the digital impact on revenue growth, as well as recommendations for increased sales performance and growth in a digital environment.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital is altering the way customers interact and purchase your offerings. Integrating sales, marketing and service to provide customer value will differentiate your firm, command a premium and deliver sustainable growth. Compare your business processes and performance metrics to your competition to see if you’re hitting the mark.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Productivity Drivers Rising inflation, supply chain constraints and uncertain demand are just a few economic factors that are impacting commercial models. What drivers are manufacturers and distributors investing in to prioritize customer segments, protect margin, and maintain and grow market share?
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
Upcoming Manufacturing and Distribution Events
EMEA Sales Comp Community: First Sales Comp Design Question Everyone Asks: “What Are My Measures?”Virtual Roundtable
Sales compensation weights and measures communicate both the sales strategy and the definition of success to individual sellers. In this way, selecting the appropriate measures can be the difference between a general plan that fails due to lack of specificity and a tailored plan that creates the role-specific outcomes required. In this virtual session for the EMEA Sales Compensation Community, we will share best practices on how to choose between the myriad of measure options available as well data on the best weight and measures used in the marketplace.
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. BST
Sales Compensation Symposium
Get the latest metrics, sales compensation and quotas insights/practices leading companies are using to drive revenue growth, manage costs and attract/retain talent. Registration is complimentary.
12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET
Join hundreds of senior sales, marketing, commercial and operations leaders to share stories of transformation, connect 1:1 virtually, and take away actionable ideas for how to win in an ever-changing 24×7 customer environment.
Friday, October 27, 2023
Sales Compensation Symposium
Reserve your spot at Alexander Group’s upcoming Sales Compensation Symposium. Join leading manufacturers and distributors as we discuss the latest strategies and best practices to support your sales reps as you look to set, measure and compensate success.
Research & Benchmarks
Get access to the latest go-to-market research and benchmarks to leverage growth drivers for valuation improvement