Rethink Your Go-to-Market Model
The Right Combination for Growth
Business models must constantly adapt to changing market conditions, evolving customer demands, and new competitors and offerings. In addition, digital platforms and technology acceleration have transformed how customers interact with sellers and how business gets done.
Successful companies have the right combination of effective sales channels, defined roles and responsibilities for sales and marketing teams, and advanced tools and resources. Together, these resources support your competitive standing, helping you reach your revenue goals.
Alexander Group helps companies create an efficient go-to-market (GTM) model that makes the most of your Sales, Marketing, Service and Operations investment.
How We Help
- Define optimal value messaging and organize sales strategy around use cases: Identify the key benefits and value propositions of your products and services. Then, structure your sales approach around specific scenarios or customer needs where those benefits are most relevant.
- Simplify sales coverage model and delineate between sales and delivery: Streamline the process of identifying and targeting potential customers. Clearly define the responsibilities of sales and delivery teams to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Better clarify roles and responsibilities to maximize new sales, expansion and retention: Clearly define the roles and objectives of each team member to ensure effective collaboration and decision-making. As a result, you will increase the chances of winning new business, expanding existing relationships and retaining satisfied customers.
- Ensure the organization has the right skills and capabilities for complex offer portfolios: Identify the knowledge and experience required to sell more advanced or specialized products or services. Make sure your team has the necessary training and resources to be successful.
- Align sales compensation and quota programs to motivate and achieve more aggressive business goals: Create incentives and performance metrics that align with your company’s overall business objectives, motivating sales teams to exceed their targets.
- Evaluate current and new markets, areas of opportunity and optimize marketing channels, mix and return Assess the potential of new or existing markets. Next, identify the most effective marketing tactics and channels to reach those audiences to maximize the return on investment.
Participate in Our ResearchOpen Opportunities
- Customer Experience Survey Customer Experience (CX) is the overall impression and perception that customers have based on their interactions with your brand, products and services. Are you delivering best-in-class customer experience throughout all touchpoints of the customer journey, including pre-purchase, purchase and post-purchase interactions?
- Sales Compensation Trends Survey For industry leaders in HR, sales and sales compensation, participants will provide input on 2023 results and program goals and objectives for 2024. Focus areas include quotas, staffing and headcount along with sales comp plan changes around measures, weights, performance periods, MBOs, pay mix and leverage.
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Collaboration across marketing, sales and service functions is essential to engage customers across the buyer journey, from awareness to loyalty. By aligning these functions and optimizing their performance, businesses can increase their revenue and profitability. How do you optimize your commercial practices to achieve profitable growth and valuation? This is a question that many business leaders face in today’s competitive and dynamic market.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Key Talent Management Strategies to Increase Productivity and Efficiency Business services organizations that generate strong profitable growth have more productive and efficient commercial teams by outperforming competitors in key talent management areas. These best-in-class business services companies have 23% more sellers achieving quota and an 18% higher net revenue retention. Discover the five principles these firms have implemented to enhance their talent management strategies.
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
- Shifting Demand Generation Investments for Top Performance With macroeconomic factors and profitability pressure on the rise, firms today face the dilemma of allocating limited resources between different channels and initiatives. Determining the most effective and efficient investment strategy requires careful analysis and understanding of target markets, customer preferences and staying ahead of the curve with industry best practices.
- Sales Compensation Hot Topics Survey Over 350 sales compensation leaders across seven industries provided insights on key sales comp topics including costs, quota planning and attainment, profitability, AI’s impact on comp, global comp practices, marketing comp practices and client/deliver services comp practices.
- Steps to Elevate Customer Experience Business services firms that have implemented successful customer experience (CX) strategies are 36% more effective at retaining customers. Generated from interviews with commercial leaders, this research study provides the best practices for developing a CX program that impacts all interactions―from the initial encounter to long after the purchase.
Upcoming Business Services Events
Precision Pricing: Unlocking Profit to Outperform Competitors SeriesWebinar
Session 3 | Cost-Plus Pricing: Stop Leaving Money on the Table
Intuitively, using cost-plus to set pricing would allow organizations to keep pace with inflation and ensure long-term financial viability. Yet, more than half of B2B organizations failed to keep pace with inflation in this past year. In this webinar, Avy Punwasee of Revenue Management Labs and Kyle Uebelhor of Alexander Group will outline how using value-based pricing in place of cost-plus is essential to commercial success.
– Cost-based pricing versus value-based pricing
– Unlocking customer value and willingness to pay
– Understand the competitive landscape and how that will impact pricing decisions
– Determining the true financial value of your offering
– Change management considerations when migrating to a value-based approach
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET