Rethink Your Go-to-Market Model
The Right Combination for Growth
Business models must constantly adapt to changing market conditions, evolving customer demands, and new competitors and offerings. In addition, digital platforms and technology acceleration have transformed how customers interact with sellers and how business gets done.
Successful companies have the right combination of effective sales channels, defined roles and responsibilities for sales and marketing teams, and advanced tools and resources. Together, these resources support your competitive standing, helping you reach your revenue goals.
Alexander Group helps companies create an efficient go-to-market (GTM) model that makes the most of your Sales, Marketing, Service and Operations investment.
How We Help
- Define optimal value messaging and organize sales strategy around use cases: Identify the key benefits and value propositions of your products and services. Then, structure your sales approach around specific scenarios or customer needs where those benefits are most relevant.
- Simplify sales coverage model and delineate between sales and delivery: Streamline the process of identifying and targeting potential customers. Clearly define the responsibilities of sales and delivery teams to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Better clarify roles and responsibilities to maximize new sales, expansion and retention: Clearly define the roles and objectives of each team member to ensure effective collaboration and decision-making. As a result, you will increase the chances of winning new business, expanding existing relationships and retaining satisfied customers.
- Ensure the organization has the right skills and capabilities for complex offer portfolios: Identify the knowledge and experience required to sell more advanced or specialized products or services. Make sure your team has the necessary training and resources to be successful.
- Align sales compensation and quota programs to motivate and achieve more aggressive business goals: Create incentives and performance metrics that align with your company’s overall business objectives, motivating sales teams to exceed their targets.
- Evaluate current and new markets, areas of opportunity and optimize marketing channels, mix and return Assess the potential of new or existing markets. Next, identify the most effective marketing tactics and channels to reach those audiences to maximize the return on investment.
Business Services Episode: 2023 Sales Predictions for Business ServicesTop four sales predictions and go-to-market model for the Business Services industry based on Alexander Group research and client work.
Participate in Our ResearchBriefing Offers
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Collaboration across marketing, sales and service functions is essential to engage customers across the buyer journey, from awareness to loyalty. By aligning these functions and optimizing their performance, businesses can increase their revenue and profitability. How do you optimize your commercial practices to achieve profitable growth and valuation? This is a question that many business leaders face in today’s competitive and dynamic market.
- Corporate Services: Go-to-Market Survey Corporate services executives in IT/Software, Professional Services, Banking & Financial Services and Healthcare shared insights into their revenue expectations for the remainder of 2022. Findings show that 90% of industry leaders were expecting aggressive returns earlier this year, but they now face uncertainty as they look to capitalize on growth opportunities.
- Digital Go-to-Customer Study Discover the industry trends, insights and frameworks on the digital impact on revenue growth, as well as recommendations for increased sales performance and growth in a digital environment.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
Upcoming Business Services Events
Financial & Business Services: Create a Winning Strategy to Elevate Commercial TalentVirtual Roundtable
Are you ready to take your commercial talent to the next level in 2023? Join industry experts for an interactive and engaging discussion on how to overcome the common challenges of commercial talent management and create a winning strategy that drives your business growth and performance.
You will hear from Alexander Group’s Business Services practice leads, who will share the key findings from our latest survey of nearly 200 North American commercial leaders. You will have the opportunity to network with other commercial leaders and exchange ideas and experiences on topics such as:
- How to cope with the labor market instability and talent funnel issues
- How to upskill/reskill your commercial talent to match industry needs and shift company priorities
- How to differentiate yourself from your competitors and attract/retain top talent
- How to define and communicate your vision, mission and objectives for your commercial talent
- How to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment for your commercial talent
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
EMEA Sales Comp Community: First Sales Comp Design Question Everyone Asks: “What Are My Measures?”Virtual Roundtable
Sales compensation weights and measures communicate both the sales strategy and the definition of success to individual sellers. In this way, selecting the appropriate measures can be the difference between a general plan that fails due to lack of specificity and a tailored plan that creates the role-specific outcomes required. In this virtual session for the EMEA Sales Compensation Community, we will share best practices on how to choose between the myriad of measure options available as well data on the best weight and measures used in the marketplace.
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. BST
Sales Compensation Symposium
Get the latest metrics, sales compensation and quotas insights/practices leading companies are using to drive revenue growth, manage costs and attract/retain talent. Registration is complimentary.
12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET
Join hundreds of senior sales, marketing, commercial and operations leaders to share stories of transformation, connect 1:1 virtually, and take away actionable ideas for how to win in an ever-changing 24×7 customer environment.
Friday, October 27, 2023
Join our Business Services Community
Alexander Group’s community enables leading executives to share insights and takeaways for immediate use. Participants engage with sales leaders in interactive discussions while gaining knowledge on best practices, pitfalls and challenges.
Alexander Group Can Help
Is your go-to-market strategy focused on sales productivity to ensure profitable growth?