Build a Profitable Revenue Growth Engine
Manage Ongoing Market Disruption Through a Profitable & Efficient Commercial Model
Automotive manufacturers and distributors are constantly challenged to satisfy customers with enhanced technology and the delivery of innovative products and solutions, all while adhering to environmental compliance regulations and dealing with supply chain constraints. The aerospace industry is no stranger to these challenges and must also factor in lengthy sales processes, aggressive delivery cycles, and the ebb and flow of customer traffic.
With the acceleration of digital technologies and artificial intelligence (AI), along with a lack of skilled workforce to manage new high-tech infrastructures, transportation providers are looking to make the right investments to achieve profitable growth. The solution ― developing an agile, responsive go-to-market plan that focuses on controllable commercial strategies to achieve efficient and high-level performance.
Target markets & segment customers: Use data to determine precisely where the organization can win and take share. Understanding buyers’ needs and preferences within each market and segment while tailoring your offerings and approach will provide the right value propositions to serve them.
Coverage, jobs & channels: Align resources against the opportunities by matching high-potential customers with a high-level of coverage while serving low-potential customer through inside of digital sales. Embrace new channels (digital, e-commerce, direct-to-consumer) in addition to traditional methods.
Quotas & compensation: Establish goals based on a formulaic approach that accounts for the potential of each end-market and the abilities of the seller to cover them. Use sales compensation programs to drive a pay-for-performance culture. Reward top performers and use it as a tool to recruit and retain top talent.
Alexander Group aligns evolving go-to-market models with the right investments to transform commercial teams into a focused, motivated and productive revenue growth engine.
How We Help
- Drive business transformation: Digital transformation has forced transportation providers to adjust business models and adapt to ever-changing market realities. Ensure your organization has innovative revenue growth capabilities to establish and scale new go-to-market strategies.
- Build & integrate digital capabilities: Navigate the transportation landscape by investing in the right technologies to unlock new customers, improve profitability and optimize marketing, sales and operations resource allocation.
- Enable data-driven decision making: Benchmarking and research enable fact-based decision-making for strategic and structural objectives. Provide actionable insights that drive growth and allow your firm to adjust go-to-market models to reflect changing demands.
- Increase sales productivity: Improving productivity contributes to higher revenue, better profit margins, a competitive edge and improved customer experiences. Ensure your team captures opportunities to maximize capacity.
- Invest in Revenue Operations: Expanding the scope of a typical commercial operations team, a strong revenue operations capability allows auto and aerospace manufacturers and distributors scale and increase productivity, creating a partnership, alignment and accountability across Marketing, Sales and Service.
- Align channel partners: Determining the partner strategy and building an effective partner program ecosystem to enhance customer experience and revenue potential.
- Build effective sales compensation programs: Using the right levers to drive the right selling behaviors, sales compensation programs must support strategic growth to recruit, retain and motivate top talent.
Three Practices for Automotive Commercial Leaders to Drive Accelerated GrowthExplore the practices leading companies in the automotive space are using to advance their commercial models to drive accelerated growth.
Participate in Our ResearchOpen Opportunities
- Customer Experience Survey Customer Experience (CX) is the overall impression and perception that customers have based on their interactions with your brand, products and services. Are you delivering best-in-class customer experience throughout all touchpoints of the customer journey, including pre-purchase, purchase and post-purchase interactions?
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital investments are increasing dramatically. Innovative products are driving profitable growth but require significant changes in talent for new roles and more advanced skill sets. Adapting to new customer preferences and the 24/7 buyer journey is forcing the integration of marketing, sales and service. Is your firm keeping up with industry changes?
- Advanced Practices for Commercial Talent Management Manufacturers and distributors achieve revenue and margin outperformance with a lower proportion of above-market pay compared to other industries. Over 60% of leading firms meet monthly to discuss performance with their commercial teams. What are the best practices for developing a talent management strategy that brings a competitive advantage?
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Economic downturn. Unpredictable markets. These are just a few factors that are preventing manufacturing commercial leaders from determining and realizing revenue goals. How can organizations achieve differentiated growth, productivity and efficiency for profitable growth?
- Digital Go-to-Customer Study Discover the industry trends, insights and frameworks on the digital impact on revenue growth, as well as recommendations for increased sales performance and growth in a digital environment.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Trends Research: Strategies | Insights | Metrics Digital is altering the way customers interact and purchase your offerings. Integrating sales, marketing and service to provide customer value will differentiate your firm, command a premium and deliver sustainable growth. Compare your business processes and performance metrics to your competition to see if you’re hitting the mark.
- Manufacturing & Distribution Productivity Drivers Rising inflation, supply chain constraints and uncertain demand are just a few economic factors that are impacting commercial models. What drivers are manufacturers and distributors investing in to prioritize customer segments, protect margin, and maintain and grow market share?
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
- Sales Compensation Hot Topics Survey Over 350 sales compensation leaders across seven industries provided insights on key sales comp topics including costs, quota planning and attainment, profitability, AI’s impact on comp, global comp practices, marketing comp practices and client/deliver services comp practices.
Upcoming Manufacturing and Distribution Events
Precision Pricing: Unlocking Profit to Outperform Competitors SeriesWebinar
Alexander Group & Revenue Management Labs Presents Session 2 | Pricing Essentials for 2024
When planning for your next fiscal year, one of the most impactful performance drivers that is often overlooked is pricing. Many organizations do not spend enough time assessing pricing nor do they fully leverage its potential. In session 2 of this webinar series, discover the best practices for budgeting for pricing, why it needs to be budgeted at a granular level, and how to do it. We will also discuss pricing reporting and KPIs you can use to monitor your progress against targets.
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET
Join hundreds of senior sales, marketing, commercial and operations leaders to share stories of transformation, connect 1:1 virtually, and take away actionable ideas for how to win in an ever-changing 24×7 customer environment.
Friday, October 27, 2023
Manufacturing & Distribution: Redefining Excellence Through Customer ExperienceVirtual Roundtable
Join commercial leaders in manufacturing and distribution to discuss how best to deliver industry leading CX by assessing your customer strategy, priority initiatives and investments. Backed by Alexander Group’s latest research from our Customer Experience study, you will have the opportunity to engage in an interactive session with other executives to discuss topics.
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
Sales Compensation Symposium
Reserve your spot at Alexander Group’s upcoming Sales Compensation Symposium. Join leading manufacturers and distributors as we discuss the latest strategies and best practices to support your sales reps as you look to set, measure and compensate success.