Navigating New Market Demands
Market Disruptions Challenge Sales Organizations to Transform
The gap between advertisers and consumers is narrowing, requiring media companies to differentiate to stay competitive. Common challenges include:
- Emerging technologies and platforms
- Increasing cost of capital and its impact on the future of acquisitions
- Changing consumer preferences and behaviors
- Evolving competition from new and established players
- Continuing market disruptions
- Battling to attract and retain top talent
- Your sales organization must now include data, digital technologies and targeted sales investments to support your go-to-market strategy
Alexander Group helps companies build market competitiveness by elevating their sales organization into a focused, motivated and productive revenue growth engine.
Alexander Group Media & Consumer Technology:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Connected TV/Streaming
- Consumer Marketplaces
- Integrated Print
- Local Media
- National Broadcast
- Out of Home
- Pure Play Digital
- Retail Media Networks
How We Help
- Drive business transformation: Digital transformation has forced media companies to adjust their business models and adapt to the new market reality. Ensure your organization has innovative revenue growth capabilities to establish and scale new go-to-market strategies. Examine customer requirements to identify and implement profit-driving tactics that optimize and balance top-line and bottom-line solutions.
- Data-driven decision-making: Benchmarking and research enable fact-based decision-making for strategic and structural objectives. For media and consumer technology companies, benchmarking and analysis provide actionable insights that drive growth, allowing companies to adjust their go-to-market model to reflect changing demands.
- Build and integrate digital capabilities: Navigate the evolving media and consumer technology landscape by investing in the right technologies to unlock new customers, improve profitability, and optimize Marketing, Sales and Operations resource allocation. Adjust business models by regularly reviewing and analyzing data to decide to invest resources to drive digital growth.
- Increase sales productivity: Improving productivity contributes to higher revenue, better profit margins, a competitive edge and improved customer experiences. Ensure your team captures opportunities to maximize capacity through strategic and operational solutions. By making sales processes more efficient and effective, sales teams can close more deals in less time, leading to increased revenue and lower sales costs.
- Maximize motivation: Recognize and prioritize your people by crafting world-class employees and compensation programs. Create a strategic advantage by unlocking individual and collective potential and enhancing motivation to reach sales goals.
- Improve sales execution: Efficient sales execution provides companies with a competitive advantage. Incorporate the evaluation and upskilling of sales performance into the sales strategy to achieve long-term success, developing a skilled and adaptable sales team to drive revenue and growth. You will optimize sales strategies by identifying quick wins and longer-term improvements and ultimately achieve greater success.
Media & Consumer Technology: Creating Success for 2023 Amid UncertaintyHow can media firms change their tactics to drive revenue in a business environment experiencing widespread economic contraction?
Participate in Our ResearchOpen Opportunities
- Media Sales Industry Trends Research Given all the factors that are pushing for a more agile sales organization, are you prepared to take on the new revenue mandates for growth in 2021 and beyond? Join Alexander Group’s latest Media Sales Industry Trends Research to gain the latest insights and best practices to maximize your opportunities for growth.
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Economic downturn. Changing consumer preferences. Unpredictable markets. Media and Consumer Technology organizations are constantly facing headwinds to keep up with the rapid pace of change and grow profitably.
- Digital Go-to-Customer Study Discover the industry trends, insights and frameworks on the digital impact on revenue growth, as well as recommendations for increased sales performance and growth in a digital environment.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Media Sales Industry Trends Recent media sales research identified five key areas that media revenue and sales leaders excel in to continue to win in an ever-changing and hyper-competitive sales environment. Insights were captured from 100+ executives across media segments including pure play digital, broadcast, print, radio, out-of-home, ad tech and more to find out what leading organizations are doing to thrive in today’s evolving landscape.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
Upcoming Media & Consumer Technology Events
Media: World Class Talent Strategies for the New Market RealityVirtual Roundtable
2023 has proven an unpredictable year for the media & consumer technology industry, but what do the companies that triumph in volatile environments have in common? A deliberate and well-documented talent strategy.
From sourcing & developing to managing, rewarding & promoting – industry leaders successfully translate talent strategy adjustments to revenue growth opportunities, all while optimizing employee turnover costs.
Featuring leading media talent guest speakers from The Trade Desk and Netflix/Snap/Amazon sharing their experiences and perspectives, join other top executives for an interactive discussion on how best-in-class media and consumer technology organizations are crafting and executing a cohesive commercial talent strategy.
Backed by Alexander Group’s latest research, key topics will include:
- Designing jobs and career paths for skilled, specialized talent
- Ensuring sales compensation plans are competitive and well-communicated
- Strategies to quickly and effectively hire commercial talent
- Setting and communicating performance management expectations
- Designing the optimal LOA coverage and compensation solution
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
EMEA Sales Comp Community: First Sales Comp Design Question Everyone Asks: “What Are My Measures?”Virtual Roundtable
Sales compensation weights and measures communicate both the sales strategy and the definition of success to individual sellers. In this way, selecting the appropriate measures can be the difference between a general plan that fails due to lack of specificity and a tailored plan that creates the role-specific outcomes required. In this virtual session for the EMEA Sales Compensation Community, we will share best practices on how to choose between the myriad of measure options available as well data on the best weight and measures used in the marketplace.
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. BST
Sales Compensation Symposium
Get the latest metrics, sales compensation and quotas insights/practices leading companies are using to drive revenue growth, manage costs and attract/retain talent. Registration is complimentary.
12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET
Join hundreds of senior sales, marketing, commercial and operations leaders to share stories of transformation, connect 1:1 virtually, and take away actionable ideas for how to win in an ever-changing 24×7 customer environment.
Friday, October 27, 2023
Join Our Media & Consumer Technology Community
Alexander Group’s community enables leading executives to share insights and takeaways for immediate use. Participants engage with sales leaders in interactive discussions while gaining knowledge on best practices, pitfalls and challenges.
Alexander Group Can Help
Navigate market challenges and shifting consumption patterns to drive profitable revenue growth