Navigating New Market Demands
Market Disruptions Challenge Sales Organizations to Transform
The gap between advertisers and consumers is narrowing, requiring media companies to differentiate to stay competitive. Common challenges include:
- Emerging technologies and platforms
- Increasing cost of capital and its impact on the future of acquisitions
- Changing consumer preferences and behaviors
- Evolving competition from new and established players
- Continuing market disruptions
- Battling to attract and retain top talent
- Your sales organization must now include data, digital technologies and targeted sales investments to support your go-to-market strategy
Alexander Group helps companies build market competitiveness by elevating their sales organization into a focused, motivated and productive revenue growth engine.
Alexander Group Media & Consumer Technology:
How We Help
- Drive business transformation: Digital transformation has forced media companies to adjust their business models and adapt to the new market reality. Ensure your organization has innovative revenue growth capabilities to establish and scale new go-to-market strategies. Examine customer requirements to identify and implement profit-driving tactics that optimize and balance top-line and bottom-line solutions.
- Data-driven decision-making: Benchmarking and research enable fact-based decision-making for strategic and structural objectives. For media and consumer technology companies, benchmarking and analysis provide actionable insights that drive growth, allowing companies to adjust their go-to-market model to reflect changing demands.
- Build and integrate digital capabilities: Navigate the evolving media and consumer technology landscape by investing in the right technologies to unlock new customers, improve profitability, and optimize Marketing, Sales and Operations resource allocation. Adjust business models by regularly reviewing and analyzing data to decide to invest resources to drive digital growth.
- Increase sales productivity: Improving productivity contributes to higher revenue, better profit margins, a competitive edge and improved customer experiences. Ensure your team captures opportunities to maximize capacity through strategic and operational solutions. By making sales processes more efficient and effective, sales teams can close more deals in less time, leading to increased revenue and lower sales costs.
- Maximize motivation: Recognize and prioritize your people by crafting world-class employees and compensation programs. Create a strategic advantage by unlocking individual and collective potential and enhancing motivation to reach sales goals.
- Improve sales execution: Efficient sales execution provides companies with a competitive advantage. Incorporate the evaluation and upskilling of sales performance into the sales strategy to achieve long-term success, developing a skilled and adaptable sales team to drive revenue and growth. You will optimize sales strategies by identifying quick wins and longer-term improvements and ultimately achieve greater success.
Media & Consumer Technology: Creating Success for 2023 Amid UncertaintyHow can media firms change their tactics to drive revenue in a business environment experiencing widespread economic contraction?
Participate in Our ResearchOpen Opportunities
- Customer Experience Survey Customer Experience (CX) is the overall impression and perception that customers have based on their interactions with your brand, products and services. Are you delivering best-in-class customer experience throughout all touchpoints of the customer journey, including pre-purchase, purchase and post-purchase interactions?
- Media Sales Industry Trends Research Given all the factors that are pushing for a more agile sales organization, are you prepared to take on the new revenue mandates for growth in 2021 and beyond? Join Alexander Group’s latest Media Sales Industry Trends Research to gain the latest insights and best practices to maximize your opportunities for growth.
- Sales Compensation Trends Survey For industry leaders in HR, sales and sales compensation, participants will provide input on 2023 results and program goals and objectives for 2024. Focus areas include quotas, staffing and headcount along with sales comp plan changes around measures, weights, performance periods, MBOs, pay mix and leverage.
- Commercial Practices to Drive Profitable Growth & Valuation Economic downturn. Changing consumer preferences. Unpredictable markets. Media and Consumer Technology organizations are constantly facing headwinds to keep up with the rapid pace of change and grow profitably.
- Commercial Talent Management From workplace flexibility to culture and cohesion, media and consumer technology commercial leaders are focusing on the development of a formal employee experience program. Engaged employees are more likely to be productive, motivated and committed to achieving their goals. Discover the five principles for an effective talent management strategy.
- Create a Compelling Customer Experience Leaders in media and consumer technology integrate customer experience (CX) throughout the organization. They have formal and well-documented programs for CX vision and strategy and use CX as a primary KPI for the business. In this research, commercial leaders shared the resources, responsibilities, processes and tools needed to drive customer conversion, retention and expansion.
- Digital Go-to-Customer Study Discover the industry trends, insights and frameworks on the digital impact on revenue growth, as well as recommendations for increased sales performance and growth in a digital environment.
- Digital Insights Study Digital means changing how companies engage with customers and enable their commercial teams. Determining where and when your customers interact with your products and solutions can impact your organization’s digital maturity and where to guide your investments.
- Marketing Insights Study Over 150 marketing executives were interviewed to determine the marketing initiatives being prioritized to maximize customer lifetime value. From marketing roles and resource allocation to marketing mix, channels and spend, get the latest insights on where marketing leaders are investing to advance their organization’s marketing maturity.
- Marketing as a Growth Function: Increasing Demand Generation Performance Outcomes Within the media and consumer technology industry, marketing is deploying more functional contribution and sources to pipeline. In fact, marketing functions are now attributed to generating over 40% of pipeline development. What channel mix, resources and strategies are leaders using to position marketing as a growth function through demand generation performance?
- Media Sales Industry Trends Recent media sales research identified five key areas that media revenue and sales leaders excel in to continue to win in an ever-changing and hyper-competitive sales environment. Insights were captured from 100+ executives across media segments including pure play digital, broadcast, print, radio, out-of-home, ad tech and more to find out what leading organizations are doing to thrive in today’s evolving landscape.
- Revenue Operations Survey Over 200 executives in sales and revenue operations were surveyed across Business Services, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Distribution, MedTech, Health and Wellness, Media and Technology to determine the leading practices of world-class revenue operations organizations.
- Sales Compensation Hot Topics Survey Over 350 sales compensation leaders across seven industries provided insights on key sales comp topics including costs, quota planning and attainment, profitability, AI’s impact on comp, global comp practices, marketing comp practices and client/deliver services comp practices.
Upcoming Media & Consumer Technology Events
Precision Pricing: Unlocking Profit to Outperform Competitors SeriesWebinar
Session 3 | Cost-Plus Pricing: Stop Leaving Money on the Table
Intuitively, using cost-plus to set pricing would allow organizations to keep pace with inflation and ensure long-term financial viability. Yet, more than half of B2B organizations failed to keep pace with inflation in this past year. In this webinar, Avy Punwasee of Revenue Management Labs and Kyle Uebelhor of Alexander Group will outline how using value-based pricing in place of cost-plus is essential to commercial success.
– Cost-based pricing versus value-based pricing
– Unlocking customer value and willingness to pay
– Understand the competitive landscape and how that will impact pricing decisions
– Determining the true financial value of your offering
– Change management considerations when migrating to a value-based approach
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET
Join Our Media & Consumer Technology Community
Alexander Group’s community enables leading executives to share insights and takeaways for immediate use. Participants engage with sales leaders in interactive discussions while gaining knowledge on best practices, pitfalls and challenges.