The annual Alexander Group Sales Pulse Survey results are in!
Despite a more challenging economy in 2023 that includes continued inflation and interest rate hikes and some fears of recession, participants across industries surveyed anticipate strong revenue growth in 2023.
- Anticipate expense budget increases in the sales function for next year at 8% for the median, and forecast growth in each of the revenue functions: marketing, sales and service
- Plan to increase investment levels in digital channels, trying to reach target segments and customers via social media to begin a dialogue and shape attitudes prior to any sales activity
- Anticipate investing in headcount growth in the sales function, particularly in revenue operations to improve productivity
- Expect the majority of field sales positions, including key accounts, generalists and specialist positions, to fulfill their responsibilities in the field, on-site with customers
- Plan to invest in the service function targeted at transforming what was a break-fixed function into a customer success advocacy
- Plan to build cultures that are growth-oriented and that emphasize growth by putting customers first
- Increased DEI programs from last year — two-thirds have established DEI goals for 2023 and are making real investments to achieve them
Download the executive summary to learn more.
Watch this video for a preview of these findings and insight from Alexander Group Principal Gary Tubridy.
The survey insights will be explored in more detail as part of Alexander Group’s Leadership Series.
Get Access Now
Provide your information and we’ll email you a link to this resource.