Market Trends Initiatives Business Analyst
Location: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA; Scottsdale, AZ; or Stamford, CT
Alexander Group: Decades of experience growing revenue for global companies
Alexander Group provides management consulting services to the world’s leading organizations. When clients need to grow revenue, they look to Alexander Group for data-driven insights, actionable recommendations, and most importantly, results.
Founded in 1985, we’ve served more than 1,000 companies around the world, across all industries. This experience gives us not only a highly sophisticated set of best practices to grow revenue — we also have a rich repository of industry data that informs all of our recommendations.
Our dedication to revenue growth and sales strategy has led to:
- More than 70% of our clients being Fortune 500 corporations
- Project work in more than 25 countries
- Extensive industry experience in B2B markets
Alexander Group is looking for an Analyst to support our primary research and market practices thought leadership initiatives. The Market Trends Initiatives Analyst will be part of our rapidly growing Sales Analytics and Benchmarking Practice. The Sales Analytics Practice’s primary charter is to provide data-driven insights that enhance the firm’s revenue growth consulting services. As part of that charter, the practice uses data to uncover trends, best practices and insights that improve top-line growth for our clients.
As a primary analyst on our small team, you will work with AGI practice leaders and consultants to identify, benchmark, and uncover insights around sales success metrics in the firm’s strategic growth areas. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of excellent communication skills, comfort working with large data sets and strong interest in being at the forefront of AGI’s thought leadership work. As a rapidly growing and evolving practice within AGI, you will have a unique opportunity to directly impact the firm’s analytics strategy and results.
- Uncover and deliver salient insights and findings as part of the firm’s research and market practices efforts
- Work with clients, prospective clients and research participants to gather data and present findings
- Support survey design, data collection, analysis and data management activities on an ongoing basis for three to five growth areas (verticals and horizontals)
- Participate in the creation and presentation of related reports to clients and internal stakeholders
- Serve as a subject matter expert for consulting teams working in the supported growth areas, and provide insights, benchmarks and findings associated with market practices initiatives
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of data entered into the Sales Metrics Database
- Participate in the design, maintenance and improvement of data collection approaches, including template forms and online surveys
- Participate in the design and development of the firm’s existing and new analytical reporting framework and tools
- Support the maintenance and fine-tuning of the existing Sales Metrics Database and associated data
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, economics, finance, or accounting) or relevant quantitative work experience
- Significant experience with MS Excel. You will be manipulating data and building reports in MS Excel on a daily basis
- Experience working with clients/customers, prospects or other groups collecting, analyzing and presenting data driven insights
- Strong interpersonal and team-oriented working skills with high degree of motivation, positive attitude and willingness to learn from mentors and peers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with uncertainty and to learn quickly
- 1 – 2 or more years of experience working with data, focused on uncovering and reporting on insights
- Experience in sales operations or sales finance a strong plus
EEO Employer. Desired Work Eligibility: Eligible to work in the U.S. with no restrictions. Pre-employment background check required.
Learn more about careers at the Alexander Group.