100+ Physician leaders participated from private practice, ambulatory surgery centers and hospital settings.
Some of the key findings from the research include:
- Physicians expect sales rep in-person visits to increase from about 69% of what they were pre-COVID in Q4 2021 to about 89% of pre-COVID levels by Q4 of 2022
- About 50% of hospitals now require appointments for in-person visits from third party suppliers
- 80% of physicians expect a permanent change in their preferences to interact with sales reps because of COVID-19
- For clinical education and training, physicians prefer about 60% of their interactions with suppliers to be in-person, about 40% virtual
- Half of the physicians surveyed said that group purchasing organizations (GPOs) and integrated delivery networks (IDNs) are either “very influential” or have “total control” over physician decisions on product and service usage
For a full, complimentary briefing on Alexander Group’s latest Physicians Survey Findings please complete the form and a healthcare practice leader will be in contact with you.
Learn more about the Healthcare Practice:
How We Work
Healthcare Leadership Events